Pay: $23.79 to $38/hour
Wage is dependent on experience and role
Job Status: Full Time
Wickenburg Community Hospital has openings in our laboratory.
1. CLS - Lead Blood Bank
2. CLS - General
Responsible for the collection, processing and analysis of laboratory specimens and reporting of results in all areas of the clinical laboratory. Maintains laboratory records and quality control practices. If assigned as department lead, additional general and technical supervisory responsibilities apply.
- Specimen collection and processing, test performance, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results in accordance with lab policies and procedures
- Maintain records that demonstrate PT (Proficiency Tests) are performed in the same manner as patient specimens
- Adhere to lab QC (Quality Control) policies, document all QC activities, instrument and procedure calibrations and maintenance performed
- Follow lab’s established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the lab’s established acceptable levels of performance
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correct the problems or immediately notify supervisory personnel, the laboratory manager or laboratory director
- Document all corrective actions when test systems deviate from the lab’s established performance specifications
- Review and assist in maintaining inventory levels
- Provide training to medical laboratory and phlebotomy students
- Technologist/Scientist: Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology, Biology or Chemistry with MT/MLS/CLS certification by either ASCP, HEW or AMT; BS required for Lead Position
Wickenburg Community Hospital is proud to be a 100% tobacco free campus!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
WCH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. WCH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
WCH expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of WCH employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.