Telepharmacy Certified Pharmacy Technician
Under the direction of a Pharmacist, the Telepharmacy Certified Pharmacy Technician, is responsible for providing Pharmacy care to all patients and families from the WCH Clinic population they serve.
Essential Job Duties:
- Demonstrates the highest level of confidentiality standards in handling of patient relations, medical and prescription records and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) compliance.
- Demonstrates professional, friendly phone etiquette and interpersonal interactions.
- Operates Pharmacy cash register according to policy and procedures to maintain accurate records of patient transactions.
- Handles patient concerns in a professional manner. Escalates concerns when necessary.
- Exhibits accuracy in all stages of the filling process.
- Demonstrates accuracy entering prescription and insurance information into the computer and reduces audit risk by utilizing proper prescription procedures.
- Understands and utilizes the inventory system to maintain proper inventory levels and reduce partial filled prescriptions, processes received orders.
- Operates the Pharmacy computer system including entering and extracting information for maximum efficiency of the department and accurate records and reports.
- Abides by all State, Federal and Company Pharmacy rules and regulations.
- Count or measure the prescribed quantity of product ordered by physician and approved by pharmacist.
- Complete opening checklist before unlocking door at the beginning of business day to include verifying functionality of audio/visual link with pharmacist through the Telepharmacy software.
- Use Telepharmacy software to take images and submit prescriptions to the pharmacist for verification after taking required images.
- Bag approved prescriptions and prepare for sale via patient caregiver pick-up, delivery, mail-order.
- Process sale of prescriptions using (POS), properly notifying the patient of legal requirement to speak with Pharmacist, ensure that all patients that require counseling are counseled by a pharmacist via video technology
- Assist patient using video technology and hardware system software to adequately receive counseling
- Complete closing checklist before locking pharmacy at the end of the business day
- Generate daily reports as necessary
- Receive and file daily inventory reports as necessary
- Establishes and maintains long term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Maintains a clean, neat and orderly work area to maximize efficiency of the department, minimize errors and promote excellent service.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Pharmacy Manager
- Federally certified with at least 6 months experience as certified pharmacy technician
- Follow all state and federal laws pertaining to Telepharmacy requirements
- Must meet all guidelines and regulations as prescribed or required by the state Board of Pharmacy in the state of Arizona.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision while exercising critical thinking and sound judgement
- Excellent communication skills to communicate with patients and other health care professionals, verbally and in writing
- Analytical ability to interpret information and recommend solutions
- Knowledgeable of the full range of pharmacy operations throughout a pharmacy department and maintain an awareness of developing trends in the field
- Good reading, writing and basic math skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Pharmacy-related software
- Graduate of an accredited Pharmacy Technician program
- Out-patient Pharmacy experience
- Telepharmacy experience
- Demonstrated practice of high-level skill in multi-tasking, initiative, customer service, interpersonal relations including building relationships and resolving conflict, decision making, problem solving, and teamwork.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; must be able to stand/walk for most of the work day; heavy lifting, must be able to lift packages up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
Job Status: Full Time