Swing Bed Liaison / Social Worker
This position will conduct patient psycho-social assessments and develop a plan of care based on the individual needs and goals. Collaborates with physicians and assists with the referral of healthcare resources to ensure services and care are delivered in a timely manner. Works in collaboration with patients, providers, and key individuals to coordinate a safe discharge. Establishes relationships with providers, case managers, social workers, and other clinical leadership in the local market. Is actively involved in communicating, educating, and providing information in assisting facilities with the placement of patients into WCH’s swing bed service.
Essential Job Duties:
- Serves as a liaison between the patient and their family and the patient’s network of care providers.
- Pre-assesses patients to determine patient appropriateness for swing bed program as directed by regulatory agencies and/or facility.
- Facilitates patient admission into the swing bed program through assessment, communication and coordination of information.
- Assesses patient needs upon intake to determine appropriate course of care and directs and refers patients to community resources as appropriate.
- Completes psycho-social assessments including acknowledging patient’s health care decisions, financial/legal matters and activities of daily living, safety, psychiatric needs, social support network and medical equipment which may be necessary.
- Provides supportive counseling and crisis intervention when necessary.
- Coordinates safe discharge planning to meet the patient's needs/goals.
- Participates in and/or hosts community events as directed by Manager, Patient Care Services.
- Assists the patient in scheduling appointments, completing paperwork, and securing referrals.
- Develops strategies to grow market share in core business lines within the hospital and clinic and works closely with the hospital’s marketing team.
- Creates quarterly goals and objective and submits to Manager, Patient Care Services. Accomplishes planned goals within outlined time frames.
- Participation in multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Facilitates education and training for the WCH staff regarding social services and the swing bed program.
- BS in Social work
- Current Arizona license as LCSW or eligibility
- Must have valid driver’s license and maintain valid auto insurance throughout employment
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a healthcare Social Worker
- Requires the ability to manage programs and projects.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal and written communication skills.
- MSW preferred
- Previous EMR experience
- Experience within a sales and marketing arena
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
May be subjected to offensive odors and combative behavior. May be exposed to communicable diseases including the HIV and HBV viruses. Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.