Surgical Technologist ***$2,000 sign on bonus***
The Surgical Technologist (ST) provides care to the surgical patient under the direct supervision of the registered nurse and in collaboration with the surgical team.
Essential Job Duties
· The ST functions as a member of the surgical team as directed by the nurse and physician utilizing knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, surgical instrumentation, and technology to enhance patient care.
· The ST performs terminal cleans, assists the nurse and physicians with positioning of the patient, patient transport, and room turnover consistently applying sterile and aseptic techniques.
· Reprocesses and sterilizes instruments as needed.
· Ensures the operating room is stocked for each case.
· Participates in accounting for all surgical instrumentation before and after each case.
· The ST will cross train in a variety of positions within the surgical department.
· Supports the patient and surgical team by adapting to unpredictable situations within the perioperative setting, supporting the process wherever needed.
· Graduate of an accredited program of surgical technology under the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT), or current certification through National board of Surgical Technology and/or Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or a Military Exception will be given to those who graduated from a military Surgical Technology (Operating Room Technologist) program who would be considered grandfathered in.
· 1 to 2 years successful surgical technician experience in perioperative or surgical setting
· BLS Required
· Possess the ability to communicate with a variety of people in a direct, empathetic, and articulate manner
· Comprehensive understanding of surgical processes and procedures
· Good working knowledge of Orthopedics and General Surgery preferred
Physical Requirements/Working conditions
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; must be able to stand/walk for up to 70% of the work day; Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally. May be exposed to communicable diseases. Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions.