Surgery Scheduling Coordinator
The Surgery Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for scheduling clinic patients for surgery in an efficient and patient centric manner. This individual will be the liaison between the clinical staff, physician, hospitals and most importantly the patient. The Surgery Scheduling Coordinator will coordinate pre- and post- operative care of our patients, schedule First Assist when necessary, verify medical clearances have been obtained, verify insurance benefits, obtain prior authorizations, and communicate with the patient their financial liability.
Essential Job Duties:
- Manage the timely completion of medical and cardiac clearance forms by setting the appropriate expectations with the patient and following up on the status of such forms by contacting the PCP or Cardiologist's office as needed.
- Schedule surgery appointments at the hospital. Schedule pre and post op appointments as well.
- Obtain Prior Authorization.
- Communicate with the patient their out of pocket responsibilities.
- Is a back up when needed for the Patient Access Representatives
- Communicate effectively with co-workers in a courteous and professional manner
- Attend organizational and department meetings when indicated
- Participate in team discussions and planning
- Follow all hospital policies and procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience in patient access or healthcare revenue cycle
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology & ICD-10 codes
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Excellent communication skills,
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organization skills and ability to multitask
- In depth knowledge of third-party payers, payer websites, eligibility & benefits, referral, pre-certification and authorization
- CHAA (Certified Healthcare Access Associate) Certification required within 1 year of hire and maintained thereafter
- Bilingual/Spanish preferred
- Previous insurance prior authorization experience
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally.