Sterile Processing Technician
LOCATION: WICKENBURG, AZ
Wickenburg Community Hospital is a beautiful and sophisticated rural-access hospital located in Wickenburg, Arizona. WCH is a 8-bed Emergency Department, 19-bed Acute department and many ancillary services. We also have 3 Primary Care Clinics. Here at WCH, we strive to maintain the highest standards of professionalism and care. Join us today and let us be part of your success story.
- Full Benefits
- PTO/Sick Leave
- Wellness Benefits
Wickenburg Community Hospital is a non-profit organization and qualifies for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
Responsible for preparing and assembling medical and surgical supplies, instrumentation, and equipment, maintaining the sterile processing areas, and receiving and distributing surgical supplies and equipment.
Essential Job Duties
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Follow established protocols for cleaning, decontaminating, preparing and packaging, disinfecting or sterilizing, and storing medical and surgical supplies and equipment.
- Distribute medical and surgical supplies from sterile processing areas to other areas within the facility or health care organization as needed.
- Adhere to standard precautions including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Follow safety procedures and manufacturer’s instructions when handling cleaning solutions, supplies and equipment.
- Operate equipment used in the sterile processing areas safely and according to the manufacturer’s instructions for use.
- Monitor, interpret, and document results of physical, chemical and biological indicators for all types of sterilizers used in the sterile processing areas.
- Prepare and distribute surgical case carts according to physician’s preference lists and anticipated needs of the perioperative team.
- Inventory, receive, and restock materials used for supporting sterile processing services.
- Comply with organizational policies, regulatory and accreditation standards, and professional guidelines.
- Exhibit professional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Assist with improving the quality of sterile processing services.
- Assist with identifying pertinent evidence to establish benchmarks as directed.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of individuals and health information.
Other (Non-Essential) Job Duties
- Remains current and preforms duties in compliance with the latest guidelines and standards of care per AORN, AAMI, CDC, and other governing or accrediting bodies.
- Participates in optimal teamwork within in perioperative area through flexibility and adaptability to changing situations offering mutual support
- Demonstrates excellence in communication and interpersonal skills
- Displays professionalism at all times
- Successfully contribute to a work environment of caring and cooperation
- Participates in in services and staff meetings
- Understanding and demonstration of facility and department specific policy and procedures
- High School graduate or Equivalent
- BLS Certification
- One year of sterile processing experience
- Central Supply Processing Department Technician (CSPDT), or Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) certification
- Certified Instrument Specialist (CIS) certification
- Computer skills (e.g., Microsoft® PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, sharp instruments and other devices, communicable diseases, chemicals, and repetitive motions
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting instrument trays
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Hand and eye coordination
- Sitting, standing, and walking for extensive periods of time
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range