Sterile Processing Technician
LOCATION: WICKENBURG, AZ
Wickenburg Community Hospital is a beautiful and sophisticated rural-access hospital located in Wickenburg, Arizona. WCH is a 19-bed Emergency Department and many ancillary services. We also have 3 Primary Care Clinics. Here at WCH, we strive to maintain the highest standards of professionalism and care. Join us today and let us be part of your success story.
- Full Benefits
- PTO/Sick Leave
- Wellness Benefits
Responsible for preparing and assembling medical and surgical supplies, instrumentation, and equipment, maintaining the sterile processing areas, and receiving and distributing surgical supplies and equipment.
Essential Job Duties
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Follow established protocols for cleaning, decontaminating, preparing and packaging, disinfecting or sterilizing, and storing medical and surgical supplies and equipment.
- Distribute medical and surgical supplies from sterile processing areas to other areas within the facility or health care organization as needed.
- Adhere to standard precautions including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Follow safety procedures and manufacturer’s instructions when handling cleaning solutions, supplies and equipment.
- Operate equipment used in the sterile processing areas safely and according to the manufacturer’s instructions for use.
- Monitor, interpret, and document results of physical, chemical and biological indicators for all types of sterilizers used in the sterile processing areas.
- Prepare and distribute surgical case carts according to physician’s preference lists and anticipated needs of the perioperative team.
- Inventory, receive, and restock materials used for supporting sterile processing services.
- Comply with organizational policies, regulatory and accreditation standards, and professional guidelines.
- Exhibit professional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Assist with improving the quality of sterile processing services.
- Assist with identifying pertinent evidence to establish benchmarks as directed.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of individuals and health information.
Other (Non-Essential) Job Duties
- Remains current and preforms duties in compliance with the latest guidelines and standards of care per AORN, AAMI, CDC, and other governing or accrediting bodies.
- Participates in optimal teamwork within in perioperative area through flexibility and adaptability to changing situations offering mutual support
- Demonstrates excellence in communication and interpersonal skills
- Displays professionalism at all times
- Successfully contribute to a work environment of caring and cooperation
- Participates in in services and staff meetings
- Understanding and demonstration of facility and department specific policy and procedures
- High School graduate or Equivalent
- BLS Certification
- One year of sterile processing experience
- Central Supply Processing Department Technician (CSPDT), or Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) certification
- Certified Instrument Specialist (CIS) certification
- Computer skills (e.g., Microsoft® PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, sharp instruments and other devices, communicable diseases, chemicals, and repetitive motions
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting instrument trays
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Hand and eye coordination
- Sitting, standing, and walking for extensive periods of time
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
Job Status: Full Time