The Social Worker role will ensure and provide social services to patients in the Hospital and at times the Clinic. This position will conduct a psycho-social assessment on each patient and develop a plan of care based on the individual needs and goals.
Essential Job Duties:
- Psycho-social assessment including acknowledging patients health care decisions, financial/legal matters and activities of daily living, safety, psychiatric needs, social support network and medical equipment which may be necessary
- Supportive counseling and crisis intervention when necessary
- Coordinating safe discharge planning to meet the patient's needs/goals
- Documentation in the EMR which is timely and accurate
- Participation in weekly multidisciplinary team meetings
- Completes appropriate, accurate and timely, documentation into EMR system.
- Provide support to patients and families who face the challenge of healing
- Create forms necessary for accurate and thorough documentation
- Direct and refer patients to community resources as appropriate
- Participate in community events
- Facilitate education and training for the WCH staff on the benefits of social services in the medical setting
- BS in Social work
- Current Arizona license as LCSW or eligibility
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a healthcare Social Worker
- Requires the ability to manage programs and projects.
- Requires demonstrated excellence in interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Experience with software applications and tools
- MSW preferred
- Previous EMR experience
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
May be subjected to offensive odors and combative behavior. May be exposed to communicable diseases including the HIV and HBV viruses.
Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.