Social Worker Part-Time
The Social Worker role will ensure and provide social services to patients in the Hospital and at times the Clinic. This position will conduct a psycho-social assessment on appropriate patients and develop a plan of care based on the individual needs and goals.
Essential Job Duties
- Psycho-social assessment including acknowledging patient’s health care decisions, financial/legal matters and activities of daily living, safety, psychiatric needs, social support network and medical equipment which may be necessary
- Assists with debriefing and crisis intervention when necessary
- Coordinates safe discharge planning to meet the patient's needs/goals. Coordinates with CPR to facilitate Behavioral Health placements.
- Partners with Case Managers to coordinate resources for challenging patient placement and assisting with legal and financial issues.
- Participates in weekly multidisciplinary team meetings
- Completes appropriate, accurate and timely, documentation into EMR.
- Management of hospice contracts
- Ad hoc member of Ethics Committee
- Provides support to patients and families who face the challenge of healing
- Creates forms necessary for accurate and thorough documentation
- Directs and refers patients to community resources as appropriate
- Participates in community events and provides community education
- Facilitates education and training for the WCH staff on the benefits of social services in the medical setting
- BS in Social work
- Current Arizona license as LCSW
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a healthcare Social Worker
- Requires the ability to manage programs and projects.
- Requires demonstrated excellence in interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Experience with software applications and tools
- MSW preferred
- Previous EMR experience
- Critical access experience
- Crisis Intervention certification
Physical Requirements/Working conditions
May be subjected to offensive odors and combative behavior. May be exposed to communicable diseases including the HIV and HBV viruses. Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.