RN ED. Full-time nights, PRN. Seasonal Leave option, Baylor
The Registered Nurse is responsible for delivery of emergency nursing care to patients based on comprehensive assessment, analysis and collaboration with integrated team members and the educational needs of the patient. The Registered Nurse is accountable for the on-going evaluation and documentation of all components of care delivered to patients of Wickenburg Community Hospital. Our nursing staff provides the highest quality patient care by providing an environment of compassion, learning, and discovery. Our team truly embodies the spirit of community.
Essential Job Duties
· Effective communication skills
· Fosters relationship building and approaches change as an opportunity for growth and development in self and others.
· Supports and encourages a team environment
· Performs routine nursing duties to provide world class care for the patients and customers we serve.
· Understands and interprets basic dysrhythmias for telemetry patients.
· Accountable for the ethical, legal and professional responsibilities related to nursing practice of the delivery of clinical care to the patient.
Ø Consistently utilizes ethical judgment within the policy and legal guidelines of WCH; understands the legal, social, economic and political forces that influence the health care system.
Ø Demonstrates knowledge of legal aspects and liabilities of nursing practice functions.
· Demonstrates clinical expertise necessary to function as a role model for staff in order to evaluate quality care, initiate appropriate action, and direct the activities of the Certified Nursing Technicians, assuring care provided according to the plan of care.
· Accepts responsibility for the proper distribution and safe keeping of all controlled medications kept on the unit and monitors the administration and accurate recording of use.
· Documents and communicates patient responses and the effectiveness of nursing interventions.
· Appropriately documents in the electronic health record all assessments, interventions and other information as required.
· Consults and works collaboratively with other team members, physicians, other staff and peers involved in the planning and execution of the plan of care.
· Performs physical/social assessment on assigned patients; accurately perceives patient condition changes or complications through effective assessment skills.
· Provides care which promotes and respects patient dignity, privacy, and emotional expression.
· Provides care in accordance with patient requests while promoting independence and wellness promoting a climate in which patients and their families may act in their own interest a climate in which patients and their families may act in their own interest.
· Assures patient and family involvement in plan of care.
· Works collaboratively with RN Case Manager in determining discharge goals and needs to achieve those goals.
· Assures patient and family receive appropriate education utilizing a broad range of teaching activities to promote health and wellness.
Ø Assesses patient/family level of knowledge, understanding and readiness to learn about the disease process, its implications and the care required.
· Demonstrates understanding of the WCH mission: “To provide quality health and wellness services where the patient, family and community come first.”
Participates in nursing chart review audits
· Attends staff meetings (minimum 80%)
· Actively participates in nursing quality initiatives
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing
- Current license to practice nursing in the State of Arizona
- Must have 1 to 2 years of RN experience in the Emergency Room
- BLS, ACLS and PALS REQUIRED UPON HIRE
- TNCC must be obtained within one year of employment
- Demonstrate ability to operate equipment and perform procedures within scope of practice.
- Able to calculate drug dosages and drip rates to ensure safe administration
- Utilize safe body mechanics to ensure patient and caregiver safety.
- Possess effective communication, teaching, clinical and problem solving skill
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; must be able to stand/walk for up to 70% of the work day; must be able to lift , transfer, turn and position residents weighing up to 125 lbs. unassisted, or with the assistance of one for a resident weighing over 125 lbs. May be subjected to offensive odors and combative behavior. Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally. May be exposed to communicable diseases including the HIV and HBV viruses. Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions.