RN Back Office Supervisor
The Back-Office Supervisor in the WCH Clinic is responsible for the day-to-day operations of patient related operations. Plans and administers professional nursing care to clinic patients. Adheres to professional standards and regulatory requirements. Is responsible for efficient flow of patients in the clinic. Conducts audits to ensure all patient care related activities and completed within WCH policy and procedure.
- Oversees daily clinical operations for the WCH Clinic.
- Primarily responsible for assigning staffing, schedules and work flow.
- Primarily responsible for oversight of time and attendance.
- Is the Supervisor and clinical resource for Medical Assistants, LPN and Lead Surgery Clinic Nurse.
- Serves as a key clinical resource to Chief Clinic & Surgical Services Officer and Chief of Staff.
- Works closely with Clinic providers to deliver optimal patient care services and procedures.
- Leads staff to efficiently direct patient flow throughout the clinic.
- Works in close collaboration with the Front Office Supervisor and Clinic Resource Manager.
- Is responsible to ensure that the Clinic meets all regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Ensures that staff meet minimum competencies and operate within WCH policy and procedures.
- Is a role model for maintaining patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Leads all medication administration in support of established Pharmacy protocol.
- Oversees and audits patient charts for accuracy and completeness.
- Is involved in and makes recommendations for hiring and corrective action of personnel.
- Demonstrates outcomes as measured through established metrics and patient satisfaction survey results
- Audits clinical inventory and supplies; orders as needed.
- Is seen as a resource for use of electronic medical record.
- Facilitates huddles and regular staff meetings.
- Is a nursing resource to WCH Satellite Clinic nursing staff.
- RN currently licensed in Arizona
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Three years previous RN experience in Med-Surg or Clinic.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates an ability to generate creative and innovative approaches to solve problems.
- Is proficient and influential in working with providers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Previous experience in a busy Clinic setting
- Previous supervisory experience
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; must be able to stand/walk for most of the work day; heavy lifting, must be able to lift packages up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment