Respiratory Therapist - Part Time
The Respiratory Therapist restores patient's pulmonary function; alleviates pain; supports life by planning and administering medically prescribed respiratory therapy. Will perform Respiratory Assessments, EKGs, Breathing Treatments, and assist in the E.D as directed.
Essential Job Duties
· Performs routine respiratory care treatments and oxygen administration.
· Perform EKGs.
· Describes and instructs therapies or procedures to patients and/or families in a
· clear and professional manner.
· Gathers materials and equipment for therapy and transports them to patient’s bedside.
· Performs arterial punctures.
· Assists with intubation.
· Sets up, operate, and monitor mechanical ventilator as ordered
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Current RRT Certification
· Arizona State Respiratory Licensure
· Minimum 3+ years of Cardio-Pulmonary experience in a hospital acute care setting.
· BLS, ACLS, PALS certifications
Physical Requirements/Working conditions
· Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting.
· Must be able to stand/walk foremost of the work day; heavy lifting.
· Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions.
· Ability to work in a fast pace environment