Registered Nurse - Surgery, Full-time & PRN, SIGN ON BONUS
SIGN ON BONUS FOR FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT
LOCATION: WICKENBURG, AZ
Wickenburg Community Hospital is a beautiful and sophisticated rural-access hospital located in Wickenburg, Arizona. WCH is a 19-bed Emergency Department and many ancillary services. We also have 3 Primary Care Clinics. Here at WCH, we strive to maintain the highest standards of professionalism and care. Join us today and let us be part of your success story.
- Full Benefits
- PTO/Sick Leave
- Wellness Benefits
The Perioperative RN is a professional nurse who is directly and indirectly responsible for delivering total nursing care to the perioperative patient during various phases of the surgical course. The nurse is expected to function in the preoperative, postoperative, and circulating roles. The perioperative nurse participates in clinical assessment, care planning, nursing interventions, and evaluations and supports these functions with appropriate documentation.
Essential Job Duties
- Provides a safe, therapeutic and quality environment of care while monitoring sterile and aseptic technique in all areas of the perioperative process.
- Instructs, assesses, and prepares patients prior to surgery
- Initiates and maintains intravenous access
- Administers medications throughout the perioperative process
- Answers patients’ questions and provides required or requested education
- Ensures surgical and procedure consent forms are signed
- Maintains efficient functioning of equipment and supplies in assigned area.
- Assesses the needs of the patient during the procedure, to ensure the best outcome
- Safely carries out physician and anesthesia orders accurately and promptly, documenting all activities.
- Assists the physician in performance of procedures through implementation of the perioperative process by providing necessary materials, supplies, and equipment
- Accurately and completely performs all aspects of the time-out process
- Accurately performs instrument and supply counts.
- Communicates appropriate information to all members of the team concerning patient care throughout the perioperative process.
- Assists the anesthesia provider before, during, and after induction of anesthesia or in the event of an emergency.
- Participates in quality improvement monitoring and data collection.
Other (Non-Essential) Duties
- Remains current and performs duties in compliance with the latest guidelines and standards of care per AORN, AAMI, CDC, and other governing or accrediting bodies.
- Participates in optimal teamwork within the perioperative area through flexibility and adaptability to changing situations offering mutual support
- Demonstrates excellence in communication and interpersonal skills
- Displays professionalism at all times
- Successfully contribute to a work environment of caring and cooperation
- Participates in inservices and staff meetings
- Understanding and demonstration of facility and department specific policy and procedures
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing; BSN preferred
- Current Arizona or multi-state Registered Nurse license
- ACLS certification required
- Prior experience in one or more areas of the perioperative setting
- Ability to efficiently multi-task
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; must be able to stand/walk for up to 70% of the workday; must be able to lift, transfer, turn and position residents weighing up to 125 lbs. unassisted, or with the assistance of one for a resident weighing over 125 lbs. Must have strong attention to detail and physical stamina to handle long, required work hours. May be subjected to offensive odors and combative behavior. Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally. May be exposed to communicable diseases including the HIV and HBV viruses. Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions.
Job Status: Full Time