The Radiology RN for Medical Imaging serves will work as the primary member of the Medical Imaging Team that delivers nursing services in the assessment, treatment and care of patients within the Medical Imaging Department. This position works directly with assigned Radiologists, Cardiologists, Interventionalists and Imaging staff in the planning and implementation of diagnostic, therapeutic and interventional services.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Triages and provides assessments of MR, CT, Nuclear Medicine and Interventional patients. Obtains an accurate patient history and verifies contrast contraindications.
- Provides conscious sedation as directed by Wickenburg Community Hospital protocols. Monitors patient post procedure, documents required assessments and vitals; and assists with discharge of patient to home or in house stay. Follow-ups with patient next day.
- Initiates and verifies IV access for patency. Assesses indwelling and external ports for medication and contrast access. Administers medications as prescribed by ordering provider.
- Monitors at risk patients for contrast reaction and provides prophylactic medication under a provider’s order to minimize contrast reactions.
- Assist with transporting critical patients to and from the Imaging department
- Provides nursing oversight, assessment and intervention for at risk contrast patients.
- Monitors patients’ recovery and discharges after procedures.
- Provides nursing assessments and monitors patients for all Imaging and Cardio procedures as indicated where cardiac monitoring is required such as for Nuclear Stress Tests, Cardioversions and Stress Echoes.
- Provides accurate documentation in EHR. OTHER DUTIES
- May also assist patients with meals before they leave, call for rides, assistance with restroom, dressing patients, and following up with family members. QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate degree in Nursing
- Current Arizona State RN license
- Current ACLS or must obtain within 30 days of hire
- Previous experience in critical care
- BS in Nursing
- Previous experience as Medical Imaging RN or previous experience in critical care
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; must be able to stand/walk for up to 50% of the workday; must be able to lift, transfer, turn and position patients weighing up to 125 lbs. unassisted, or with the assistance of one for another employee weighing over 125 lbs. Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. frequently. May be exposed to communicable diseases. Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions. DISCLAIMER
I have read my Job Description. I understand the information contained in the Job Description. I further understand that this Job Description is not intended and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, efforts or PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS associated with my job. I may be required to perform additional tasks necessary to meet standards of quality and care.