Quality & Risk RN
This is a combined nursing role with responsibility for Quality and Risk Management.
Essential Job Duties:
- Supports and facilitates implementation and performance improvement activities related to or resulting from patient safety, harm reduction, clinical performance, peer review, and compliance with the requirements of regulatory and accrediting agencies such as CMS, Quality Improvement Organization and DHS.
- Conducts high level assessments, gathers information and collaborates with the appropriate process owner(s) to identify opportunities for improvement. Analyzes data for administrative and clinical decision making.
- Supports development of annual quality plans.
- Serves as a resource for assessment of clinical performance and performance improvement methodologies throughout the facility.
- Responsible for organizing, leading and implementing the day to day operations of the risk management programs.
- Maintains a general knowledge of the facility’s insurance programs, assisting with management of claims against the facility, interfacing with defense legal counsel, managing and analyzing risk management data, conducting risk management educational programs, complying with the risk management related standards by accrediting and regulatory agencies with the objective of enhancing and promoting patient, staff and visitor safety, quality care and mitigating loss to protect the assets of the facility.
Other Non-Essential Job Duties:
- Compliant with all organizational metrics: turnaround time, quality audits and productivity standards.
- Possess knowledge of applicable regulatory standards and performs audits based upon these standards.
- Effective communication with internal and external customers which assists in facilitating positive outcomes.
- Current Arizona RN license
- Requires Associate’s degree in nursing
- Requires a proficiency level typically attained with 5 years acute care clinical experience.
- Requires ability to perform complex analysis and highly developed problem solving skills.
- Requires the ability to manage programs and projects.
- Requires demonstrated excellence in interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Experience with software applications and tools
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing
- Professional Certification in one or more of the specialties (Risk, or Quality)
- Experience with process improvement, regulatory/accreditation programs, data management, and analysis including graphic development and presentations is highly desirable.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, and squatting; must be able to stand/walk for portions of the day. Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions, Ability to work in a fast pace environment
Wickenburg Community Hospital is proud to be a 100% tobacco free campus!
Job Status: Full Time