Procurement and Inventory Specialist
The Procurement and Inventory Specialist is responsible for timely and accurate purchasing and procurement of sterile/non-sterile medical supplies and equipment. This position is also responsible and accountable for controlling the inventory levels, working with vendors, obtaining quotes and making recommendations for purchases.
Essential Job Duties:
- Coordinate the processes of procurement, stocking, distribution and inventory management of medical and non-medical supplies.
- Create purchase requisitions to purchase quality supplies.
- Conduct product comparison substitution and availability
- Research opportunities by conducting analysis of potential cost savings, efficiencies and process improvements.
- Verify orders are accurate and delivered in a timely manner
- Control adequate levels of Inventory keep accurate records in the system.
- Identify and rectify inventory management issues.
- Regulate and coordinate control over expendable supplies
- Maintains stock at primary inventory locations for all clinical and administrative services. This involves pulling stock inventory and material from main inventory for delivery: replenishing stock inventory; interacting with clinical and administrative customers to ensure issues and needs are identified and either resolved or escalated to Supervisors or Management; communicating to the lead or supervisor an concerns related to supplies, equipment and procedures.
- Communicate directly with suppliers and vendors over the phone and through electronic communication medical supplies.
- Monitors expiration dates, rotates stock to limit out dates and removes items from use as required by out dates.
- Resolve deviations when possible and escalating significant deviations to the Supervisor or Manager.
- Demonstrate professionalism while providing quality customer service
- Follow up and Follow through to completion of deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Staff
- Follow all hospital policies and procedures
- Professional and positive attitude
- Use hand tools and other devices operated in a warehouse environment
- Special projects as assigned by Manager
- Deliver supplies in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring supplies and material delivered are in sterile and operational condition. Deliveries will be to clinics and other secondary locations that may be in remote sites
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2 years Supply Chain experience in healthcare setting
- 2 years of Procurement experience, purchasing medical supplies & equipment
- Basic math skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet goal and deadlines
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Proficient computer experience required
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Organized with meticulous attention to details
- Associates degree in Logistics & Supply Chain
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; must be able to stand/walk for most of the workday; heavy lifting, must be able to lift packages up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Duties to consist of 80% physical activity and 20% desk work to perform data entry requirements