Pre-Op or PACU Registered Nurse
Experienced PRN Registered Nurse who plays a very critical role in providing the best care for our patients in the pre-operative department.
Essential Job Duties:
- RN is responsible for active participation in patient care.
- RN will document on the pre-operative record & initiate nursing care.
- The pre-operative nurse will administer pre-surgery medication if necessary, evaluate and access admission documents, identify emergency procedures, and adhere to pre-operation policies and procedures.
- The pre-operative nurse must have the ability and desire to be cross trained as a post-operative nurse.
- RN must be proficient with computer documentation skills.
- Good working relationships with entire Peri-operative staff, Physicians, and administrators of the hospital
- Guidelines and standards of care
- Understanding team concept in working with others
- Demonstrate excellence in communication and interpersonal skills
- Display professionalism
- Ability to efficiently multi-task
- Successfully contribute to a work environment of caring and cooperation
- Reviews and updates policy’s
- Conducts Scheduling
- Orders anesthesia drugs from pharmacy
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing;
- Possess a current Arizona Registered Nursing License
- New Grads welcome
- ACLS, BLS certifications required
- One-year perioperative nursing preferred
- BSN preferred
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment
- Occasional exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases, chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Hand and eye coordination
- Sitting, standing, and walking for extensive periods of time
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
- Frequently sitting at desk working on computer
- No weekends