Physical Therapy Assistant
LOCATION: WICKENBURG, AZ
Wickenburg Community Hospital is a beautiful and sophisticated rural-access hospital located in Wickenburg, Arizona. WCH is a 8-bed Emergency Department and many ancillary services. We also have 3 Primary Care Clinics. Here at WCH, we strive to maintain the highest standards of professionalism and care. Join us today and let us be part of your success story.
- Full Benefits
- PTO/Sick Leave
- Wellness Benefits
The Staff Physical Therapy Assistant is responsible for providing high quality PT services to inpatients/swing bed, and outpatients under the supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist.
Essential Job Duties
- Implements and executes on established patient treatment plan under the supervision of a therapist.
- Communicates with patients, families, referring physicians and other members of the team.
- Provides timely documentation per hospital and departmental requirements.
- Develops and enhances clinical and professional skills through knowledge and professional associations.
- Supports and participates in department operations and development.
- Reports any changes in patient status or needs to supervising therapist in a timely manner.
- Prepares and submits patient charges accurately to provide appropriate billing information.
- Provides patient screens upon admission by identifying appropriate interventions for treatment.
- Uses professional judgement to ensure safety of self, patients, and others at all times.
- Achieves quality patient care through interdisciplinary cooperation, teamwork, and effective communication.
- Attends required meetings as designated by the Director of Rehab and or Manager.
- Effectively communicates with Therapists concerning patient’s response to the treatment plan.
- Attends in-services, training sessions or other educational presentations.
- Coordinates treatment goals with other team members.
- Maintains awareness of patient and community needs, conditions, and programs.
- Upholds the vision/mission statement of the hospital.
- Conducts self in a professional manner with courtesy, respect, for others.
- Provides a minimum of one in-service to the community and or peers per year.
- Participates in one community event per year per availability of events.
- Act as a clinical preceptor for Physical Therapist Assistant student program.
- Maintains professional license.
- Maintains the self-respect, personal dignity, and physical safety of each patient, resident.
- Participates in team discussions and planning.
- Assures continuity of services and care.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved Physical Therapist Assistant curriculum.
- Can practice unencumbered.
- Is in good standing with all regulatory agencies and licensing boards.
- Working knowledge of Medicare and other payer sources.
- Full knowledge of patients’ rights.
- Exudes professionalism in presentation.
- Able to work on multiple tasks at the same time.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in the English language.
- CPR Certification, as required.
- Current Arizona PT license and ability to obtain an NPI number.
- Experience is preferred, but new grads are welcome to apply.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20lbs frequently and 50lbs occasionally.
- Must be able to lift over 100lbs with assistance according to patient/residents’ needs/abilities.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, squat, push, stoop and pull as needed.