Physical Therapist - Full-time, $2,500 sign on bonus
The Staff Physical Therapist is responsible for providing high quality PT services to inpatients/swing bed, and outpatients regularly and school-based children as established. Required to supervise other staff in the implementation of the Plan of Care and may supervise students of physical therapy and physical therapy assistant programs.
Essential Job Duties
· Performs evaluations, re-evaluations, treatments, and discharges that meet the current standards of the discipline of physical therapy and of the hospital.
· Records functional testing measures including G Codes as required by Medicare.
· Documents progress notes, physician communication, discharge notes for all patients seen.
· Provides timely documentation per hospital and departmental requirements.
· Prepares and submits patient charges accurately to provide appropriate billing information.
· Communicates effectively with co-workers, patients, and family members.
· Completes assigned hospital education and competencies on time and without reminders.
· Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications.
· Provides a minimum of one in-service to the public and or peers per year.
· Participates in one community event per year per availability of events.
· Informs physician of physical therapy and services by attending physician meetings, office visits and informal discussions.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Communicates effectively with doctors, nursing, other hospital staff to provide high quality care to patients, residents.
· Upholds the vision/mission statement of the hospital.
· Conducts self in a professional manner with courtesy, respect, for others.
· Act as a clinical preceptor for affiliating Physical Therapy and Physical Therapist Assistant student programs.
· Maintains professional license.
· Maintains the self-respect, personal dignity, and physical safety of each patient/resident.
· Assures continuity of services and care.
· Participates in team discussions and planning.
· Assists Rehab Departmental Leader in building programs related to PT.
· Completes other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in physical therapy or higher.
· BLS Certified.
· Current Arizona PT license and ability to obtain an NPI number.
Physical Requirements/Working conditions
Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
Must be able to lift and carry up to 20lbs frequently and 50lbs occasionally.
Must be able to lift over 100lbs with assistance according to patient/residents’ needs/abilities.
Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and walk for extended periods of time.
Must be able to bend, squat, push, stoop and pull as needed.