Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
LOCATION: WICKENBURG, AZ
Wickenburg Community Hospital is a beautiful and sophisticated rural-access hospital located in Wickenburg, Arizona. WCH is a 19-bed Emergency Department and many ancillary services. We also have 3 Primary Care Clinics. Here at WCH, we strive to maintain the highest standards of professionalism and care. Join us today and let us be part of your success story.
- Full Benefits
- PTO/Sick Leave
- Wellness Benefits
The Staff Physical Therapy Assistant is responsible for providing high quality PT services to inpatients/swing bed, and outpatients under the supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist.
Essential Job Duties
- Implements and executes on established patient treatment plan under the supervision of a therapist.
- Communicates with patients, families, referring physicians and other members of the team.
- Provides timely documentation per hospital and departmental requirements.
- Develops and enhances clinical and professional skills through knowledge and professional associations.
- Supports and participates in department operations and development.
- Reports any changes in patient status or needs to supervising therapist in a timely manner.
- Prepares and submits patient charges accurately to provide appropriate billing information.
- Provides patient screens upon admission by identifying appropriate interventions for treatment.
- Uses professional judgement to ensure safety of self, patients, and others at all times.
- Achieves quality patient care through interdisciplinary cooperation, teamwork, and effective communication.
- Attends required meetings as designated by the Director of Rehab and or Manager.
- Effectively communicates with Therapists concerning patient’s response to the treatment plan.
- Attends in-services, training sessions or other educational presentations.
- Coordinates treatment goals with other team members.
- Maintains awareness of patient and community needs, conditions, and programs.
- Upholds the vision/mission statement of the hospital.
- Conducts self in a professional manner with courtesy, respect, for others.
- Provides a minimum of one in-service to the community and or peers per year.
- Participates in one community event per year per availability of events.
- Act as a clinical preceptor for Physical Therapist Assistant student program.
- Maintains professional license.
- Maintains the self-respect, personal dignity, and physical safety of each patient, resident.
- Participates in team discussions and planning.
- Assures continuity of services and care.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved Physical Therapist Assistant curriculum.
- Can practice unencumbered.
- Is in good standing with all regulatory agencies and licensing boards.
- Working knowledge of Medicare and other payer sources.
- Full knowledge of patients’ rights.
- Exudes professionalism in presentation.
- Able to work on multiple tasks at the same time.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in the English language.
- CPR Certification, as required.
- Current Arizona PT license and ability to obtain an NPI number.
- Experience is preferred, but new grads are welcome to apply.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
Must be able to lift and carry up to 20lbs frequently and 50lbs occasionally.
Must be able to lift over 100lbs with assistance according to patient/residents’ needs/abilities.
Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and walk for extended periods of time.
Must be able to bend, squat, push, stoop and pull as needed.