Pharmacist - PRN
LOCATION: WICKENBURG, AZ
Wickenburg Community Hospital is a beautiful and sophisticated rural-access hospital located in Wickenburg, Arizona. WCH is a 8-bed Emergency Department, 19-bed Acute department and many ancillary services. We also have 3 Primary Care Clinics. Here at WCH, we strive to maintain the highest standards of professionalism and care. Join us today and let us be part of your success story.
- Full Benefits
- PTO/Sick Leave
- Wellness Benefits
The Pharmacist reports to the Director of Pharmacy Services. The Pharmacist will comply with all applicable federal and state laws and apply to the AZ State Board of Pharmacy rules and regulations. Responsibilities include distribution, drug therapy monitoring, education and supervisory functions. Must collaborate with others, organize well, accomplish tasks, solve problems and communicate effectively.
Essential Job Duties
• Demonstrates effective communication skills, fosters relationship building, change as opportunity for growth and development in self and others.
• Support a team environment and encourage team work.
• Performs duties as directed and needed to provide health & wellness services for WCH patients and customers.
• Provide accurate and efficient filling of Doctor’s written orders for medications.
• Order and maintain a sufficient inventory of merchandise to adequately cover current utilization. Maintain inventory control.
• Works cooperatively with Physicians, RN’s and other allied health personnel.
• Interacts professionally with patients and treats them with dignity and respect.
Other (Non-Essential) Job Duties
In addition to the functions described above, this role may include other responsibilities and duties as assigned on occasion, based upon WCH needs or requirements.
• Graduate of an accredited College of Pharmacy.
• 5 years of experience in a Hospital Pharmacy as a Pharmacist is required
• Current license to practice Pharmacy in the State of Arizona.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
Occasional standing, walking sitting, stooping, kneeling, squatting, climbing, balancing, and reaching above & below shoulders. May lift up to 20ilbs and or up to 10lbs frequently.