The WCH Patient Concierge is responsible for welcoming and assisting patients who arrive in the WCH Lobby for services. Serves as a patient facilitator through the process of completing required paperwork, registration, and scheduling. Provides consistent communication and comfort to patients and visitors.
Essential Job Duties
- Welcomes patients and visitors
- Escorts or instructs patients and visitors to appropriate service areas
- Answers patient questions and refers to appropriate area
- Optimizes patients' experience by communicating wait times
- Helps patients with new patient paperwork
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying admitting of patient's arrival
- Communicates with departments regarding long wait times for patients
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information; HIPPA compliancy.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures
- Seeks additional work when patient flow in the lobby is slow.
- Always represents the best of WCH, in each encounter.
- High school diploma
- Previous experience in a healthcare related customer service position
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology as it pertains to routine diagnostics
- Demonstrated innate ability to problem solve in the moment of need
- Previous experience in a patient concierge role
Physical Requirements/Working conditions
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; must be able to stand/walk for most f the workday; must be able to lift packages up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment