Patient Care Technician (PCT II) - Full Time Day & Night /PRN Nights
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) is an important part of the healthcare team and assists the professional nursing staff with the delivery of basic nursing care tasks and clerical support duties under the direct supervision of the nurse.
- Performs basic nursing tasks within scope and practice, under the direction and supervision of the nurse.
- Consistently demonstrates competence in providing morning, evening, and general patient care routines in accordance with established nursing care procedures to ensure patient comfort and safety. Supports and adheres to nursing and administrative policies and procedures.
- Consistently takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, height, weight, intake and output, and other measurements as applicable, in accurate and precise manner; records vital signs and reports variation from normal.
- Sets up each patient and patient tray, assists in feeding of patient as necessary, positions patient to avoid choking and ease in eating. Distributes water and other nourishment according to patient needs, including evening snacks.
- Provides care which promotes and respects patient dignity, privacy, emotional expression; provides care in accordance with patient request; promotes independence and wellness.
- Performs point of care testing as required, reports results to nursing staff; and documents appropriately.
- Assists nursing staff in electronic chart functions, including, but not limited, to faxing documents, copying documents, and patient registration.
- Assists nursing staff in the electronic order entry of diagnostic imaging and laboratory studies.
- Assists staff with other functions deemed appropriate within the PCT’s scope of practice.
- Assists nursing and physical therapy staff with recreational activities for Swing patients.
- Observe professional ethics in maintaining confidential information acquired concerning the personal, financial, medical or employment status of patients of Wickenburg Community Hospital
- Must follow and enforce accepted safety practices for patients and hospital.
- Must report safety hazards and initiate appropriate action.
- Must participate in safety instructional programs.
- High School Diploma
- Certified Nursing Assistant, License Nursing Assistant or Patient Care Technician
- Must have current BLS
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; must be able to stand/walk for up to 70% of the work day; must be able to lift , transfer, turn and position patients weighing up to 125 lbs. unassisted, or with the assistance of one for a resident weighing over 125 lbs. May be subjected to offensive odors and combative behavior. Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally. May be exposed to communicable diseases including the HIV and HBV viruses. Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions.