Patient Access Team Lead - Specialty Clinic
The Patient Access Team Lead, Specialty Clinic will be the responsible to ensure all patient access functions are performed in alignment with established facility policies and procedures. The position is responsible for managing and overseeing patient flow in the specialty clinic. Ensures exceptional customer service is provided to patients, residents, guests and fellow employees. Ensures all patient access staff are following the policies, procedures and processes of Patient Access Department to achieve consistent quality outcomes. Assists the Patient Access Rep with check-in, check-out and scheduling as well as assists the Surgery Care Coordinator with authorizations, and scheduling of surgical patients as needed. Performs all duties and responsibilities in such a way to demonstrate and support the organization’s mission and vision.
Essential Job Duties:
- Leads Patient Access staff in Specialty Clinics and ensures consistent processes across all areas are followed.
- Trains all Patient Access Staff in EHR software utilization, Patient Access procedures.
- Ensures all patient access best practices are followed by patient access staff for each patient encounter including scheduling according to provider matrix, complete and accurate registrations to include patient identity verification, scanning of insurance cards and patient ID’s are current, verification of insurance is completed and reviewed, all required paperwork is signed & scanned into patient charts, HIPAA guidelines are being followed, and patient liabilities are collected.
- Ensures policies and procedures are followed; initiates change when necessary
- Is a back up when needed for the Patient Access Representatives
- Communicate effectively with co-workers in a courteous and professional manner
- Attend organizational and department meetings when indicated
- Participate in team discussions and planning
- Follow all hospital policies and procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Excellent communication skills,
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organization skills and ability to multitask
- In depth knowledge of third-party payers, payer websites, eligibility & benefits, referral, precertification and authorization
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology & ICD-10 codes
- 4+ years’ experience in patient access or healthcare revenue cycle
- CHAA (Certified Healthcare Access Associate) Certification required within 1 year of hire and maintained thereafter
- Bilingual/Spanish preferred
- Previous insurance prior authorization experience preferred
Physical Requirements/working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time. Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions. Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally.