Patient Access Rep
The Clinic Admitting Rep is responsible for greeting and registering patients who present in clinic or on the telephone, including but not limited to entering pertinent patient information, verifying insurance eligibility, collecting payment for services. Maintains integrity and confidentiality of records at all times. Assists clinic staff in assuring that records are complete. Assists Centralized Scheduling Staff as necessary to ensure patient transition of care needs are met. Provides exceptional care and service to patients, guests and fellow employees at all times.
Essential Job Duties:
- Greet patients upon arrival in a friendly and professional manner.
- Answer phones and route calls to appropriate staff/department in a professional manner.
- Process patient registrations in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Enter and verify accuracy of all patient demographic and insurance/billing information at time of check-in.
- Obtain copy of patient identification, insurance cards and physician orders and scan into patients account.
- Verify insurance eligibility prior to services rendered
- Explain and obtain signatures on all required registration forms, including Patient Rights, Consent to Treat, Conditions of Admission, and Release of Information.
- Collect and receipt co- payments, deposits and/or payment arrangements for visits.
- Obtain medical records for ER/IP follow up appointments.
- Assist in attaching incoming electronic records via document import to patients chart for providers to review.
- Adhere to HIPAA privacy regulations at all times
- Communicate effectively with all co-workers in a courteous and professional manner
- Attend organizational and department meetings when indicated
- Participate in team discussions and planning
- Follow all hospital policies and procedures
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Hospital Registration Supervisor or Patient Access Manager
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Minimum of 1-year recent experience with insurance eligibility
- Previous medical office scheduling experience preferred
- Knowledge of third party payers preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time. Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions. Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally.