Nurse Practitioner - Clinic
LOCATION: WICKENBURG, AZ
Wickenburg Community Hospital is a beautiful and sophisticated rural-access hospital located in Wickenburg, Arizona. WCH is a 8-bed Emergency Department, 19-bed Acute department and many ancillary services. We also have 3 Primary Care Clinics. Here at WCH, we strive to maintain the highest standards of professionalism and care. Join us today and let us be part of your success story.
- Full Benefits
- PTO/Sick Leave
- Wellness Benefits
The Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) provides primary care medical services to patients of the WCH Clinic and additional clinics as contracted by CHC.
Essential Job Duties
- As directed by the Chief Clinic & Surgical Services Officer, provides professional medical services (the FNP is qualified to deliver) to serve the medical needs of Clinic patients who are assigned to FNP by CHC and/or managed care payors, all in accordance with guidelines, requirements and limitations as set forth by CHC and/or WCH.
- Maintain in good standing membership on the medical staff of Wickenburg Community Hospital (WCH), with appropriate clinical privileges, in accordance with the bylaws of the Medical Staff.
- Comply with all policies, bylaws, rules and regulations of CHC.
- Participate in any reasonable night and weekend on-call coverage program as required by CHC practitioner call schedule for the clinic. Arranges for appropriate back-up coverage for Clinic patients if not able to fulfill the call obligation as per agreed schedule.
- Work with CHC in the monitoring and reviewing of the clinical performance of support health care professionals who provide services to Clinic’s patients.
- Takes all necessary steps to maintain standards of care, which are consistent with the standards of practice required by law.
- Participates in quality assurance and utilization review and management, inclusive of peer review and disciplinary actions, as directed by CHC.
- Assists and cooperates with CHC in developing relationships with third-party payor contracts and shall be available to provide medical services to all persons covered by payor contracts that are entered into by CHC.
- Complies with all applicable state and federal laws, rules and regulations of any and all governmental authorities and with payor contract terms affecting CHC and Family Nurse Practitioner.
- In accordance with CHC’s and the Clinic’s policies and quality medical practice, promptly prepares and files reports of all professional medical services rendered and maintain and makes available upon request all necessary records to ensure that CHC and the Clinic satisfies all requirements for payor contracts, malpractice insurance coverage and participation in federal and state payment programs.
- Maintains medical records according to accepted community standards and in compliance with CHC rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Maintains patient records for a period of five (5) years from the date of service.
- Cooperates with CHC’s efforts to bill and collect fees for services rendered to Clinic patients.
- Meets the performance, productivity and utilization standards set forth by Clinic.
- May refer patients in accordance with Family Nurse Practitioner’s medical judgment.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient business and medical records of the Clinic.
Other (Non-Essential) Job Duties
- Provide written opinions to CHC regarding staffing needs for Family Nurse Practitioners, specialists, allied health professionals and employees for the Clinic.
- Assists CHC management with all preparation for, and conduct of, any inspections and on-site surveys of the Clinic.
- Provides advice to CHC regarding business and other decisions affecting the Clinic.
- Performs such administrative duties related to patient care, from time to time, together with such other duties as are customarily performed by Family Nurse Practitioners of the same specialty, or as may otherwise be assigned by CHC.
- Cooperates with and assist CHC in all litigation matters affecting FNP and CHC or the Clinic during and after employment.
- Holds a currently valid and unlimited Licensed by the State of Arizona, with specialty in Family Medicine
- Qualified by training and experience to provide primary care services
- Be eligible for certification by a National credentialing organization and once achieved keep current
- One year previous clinic practice experience
- Hold a current and unrestricted DEA registration number
- Be and remain eligible to participate in a “Federal healthcare program” as defined in 41 U.S.C. 1320a-7b(f) or in any other governmental payment program
- Have never been excluded from participation, and maintain an unrestricted right to participate, in the State of Arizona and federal health care programs, including, without limitation, Medicare, Medicaid and AHCCCS
- Obtain and maintain professional liability insurance covering Family Nurse Practitioner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to ensure that each interaction with patients, family caregivers, clinicians, and team members is effective
- CPR Certified
- Greater than one year clinic practice experience
- Rural healthcare experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Ability to relate to diverse communities
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; must be able to stand/walk for most of the work day; heavy lifting, must be able to lift packages up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment