Nurse Practitioner - Urgent Care
Nurse Practitioner (NP) provides urgent care medical services to adult and pediatric patients of Wickenburg Community Hospital (WCH) Urgent Care.
Essential Job Duties
- As directed by the Chief Operating Officer, Urgent Care Medical Director or their designee, NP provides professional medical services to serve the needs of Urgent Care patients.
- Maintain in good standing membership on the medical staff of Wickenburg Community Hospital (WCH), with appropriate privileges, in accordance with the bylaws of the Medical Staff.
- Comply with all policies, bylaws, rules, and regulations of WCH/CHC.
- Participates in providing coverage in the Urgent Care on any of the days the Urgent Care is open. This includes weekends and other staffing needs if they should they arise.
- Work with WCH/CHC in the monitoring and reviewing of the clinical performance of support health care professionals who provide services to patients.
- Takes all necessary steps to maintain standards of care, which are consistent with the standards of practice required by law.
- Obtains and legibly records a detailed medical history of each patient including, but not limited to the patient's chief complaint, their present condition, the patient's individual history and his/her family history.
- Analyzing reports and/or findings of tests and personal examinations in order to assess the medical condition of the patient, including diagnosing his/her injury or illness and formulating a prognosis.
- Prescribing medication and treatment for the patient and recommending appropriate physical and dietary routines and methods for prevention of disease and maintaining personal hygiene.
- When and if needed, performing, or supervising various invasive medical procedures that include, but are not limited to, the injection of medications, inoculations, and vaccinations
- Preparing and attending to all reports, claims, and correspondence necessary and appropriate to the performance of the professional services and ensuring that records and documentation are in compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Completes all required documentation, signatures, and notes within 24 hours of patient visit.
- Participates in quality assurance and utilization review and management, inclusive of peer review and disciplinary actions, as directed by WCH/CHC.
- Complies with all applicable state and federal laws, rules, and regulations of all governmental authorities and with payor contract terms affecting WCH/CHC and Nurse Practitioner.
- In accordance with WCH/CHC’s and the Urgent Care policies and quality medical practice, promptly prepares and files reports of all professional medical services rendered and maintain and makes available upon request all necessary records to ensure that WCH/CHC and the Urgent Care satisfies all requirements for payor contracts, malpractice insurance coverage and participation in federal and state payment programs.
- Maintains medical records according to accepted community standards and in compliance with WCH/CHC rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Maintains patient records for a period of five (5) years from the date of service.
- Cooperates with WCH/CHC’s efforts to bill and collect fees for services rendered to Clinic patients.
- May refer patients in accordance with Family Nurse Practitioner’s medical judgment.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient business and medical records of WCH/CHC.
Other (Non-Essential) Job Duties
- Assists WCH/CHC management with all preparation for, and conduct of, any inspections and on-site surveys of the Urgent Care.
- Participates in Community outreach programs that include but are not limited to vaccination clinics, sports physical clinics, mobile clinics, community education.
- Cooperates with and assists WCH/CHC in all litigation matters affecting NP and WCH/CHC or the Urgent Care during and after employment.
- Holds a currently valid and unlimited Licensed by the State of Arizona, with specialty in Family Medicine
- Qualified by training and experience to provide primary and emergency care services to adult and pediatric patients.
- Be eligible for certification by a national credentialing organization and once achieved keep current
- Three-year previous Urgent Care experience
- Hold a current and unrestricted DEA registration number
- Be and remain eligible to participate in a “Federal healthcare program” as defined in 41 U.S.C. 1320a-7b(f) or in any other governmental payment program
- Have never been excluded from participation, and maintain an unrestricted right to participate, in the State of Arizona and federal health care programs, including, without limitation, Medicare, Medicaid and AHCCCS
- Obtain and maintain professional liability insurance covering Family Nurse Practitioner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to ensure that each interaction with patients, family caregivers, clinicians, and team members is effective
- Greater than 5 year clinic practice experience
- Rural healthcare experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Ability to relate to diverse communities
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; must be able to stand/walk for most of the workday; heavy lifting, must be able to lift packages up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
Job Status: Full Time