Medical Imaging Office Coordinator- Full Time
The Medical Imaging Office Coordinator is the primary point of contact for the Imaging department that works directly with other Medical Imaging Office personnel and the Medical Imaging Manager to provide all non-diagnostic imaging services as they are related to core diagnostic services that are provided the Medical Imaging Department. This position serves as the primary point of contact and works directly with providers, their staff, patients, insurance companies, registration, scheduling and all hospital departments in order to properly and efficiently complete the process involved in finalizing patient studies. This position also serves in the role of managing and addressing workflow within the department in order to expedite patient care in the most efficient manner.
Full- time and Part-time position available
- Point of contact for incoming calls for the Medical Imaging Department.
- Verifies and ensures incoming orders for accuracy to include reasons for procedure, signs and symptoms and appropriate diagnosis codes.
- Verifies insurance and benefits and coordinates the scheduling of patients to include procedural instructions, arrival time and copay collection.
- Functions as the point of contact for all Interventional patients and directly assists the Interventionist with managing their patients to include managing their schedules, ordering supplies, verifying orders, instructing patients and coordinating pre and post care with patient and Interventional RN.
- Schedules all radiologist consultations.
- Performs essential hospital EHR functions to accurately manage patients accounts and hospital visits. Assures all final reports are attached to initial orders.
- Directs patient care and departmental workflow by assigning imaging studies to staff. Directs techs to their next assignment and manages waiting patients with timely communication.
- Provides initial screening of patients to verify contraindications.
- Calls all scheduled patients to verify and confirm appointments and answer any questions regarding upcoming appointment.
- Performs essential RIS/VNA functions to maintain patient records, manage workflow, orders, schedules and procedures.
- Assists technologists, with patient transportation, patient prepping, screening, obtaining consents, starting IV’s, performing POC lab work and discharging patients.
- Orders supplies for both office and patient care.
- Functions as the point of contact with Teleradiology services and manages all Radiologist requests.
- Works directly with HIM/Acute Care/ER in the creation and distribution of reports, patient images and disks to appropriate parties.
- Maintain outgoing fax logs for errors and makes corrections as needed.
- High School diploma
- 2 years of experience in a Clinical or Hospital setting as an Office Coordinator
- Strong Medical Terminology knowledge
- CPR within 3 months of hire
- Ability to work Monday through Friday
- Prior work experience in an Imaging department front office
- Knowledge of Imaging procedures.
- Certified Medical Assistant
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; must be able to stand/walk for most of the workday; heavy lifting, must be able to lift packages up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment