Medical Assistant- Urgent Care **$2,000 sign on bonus**
Our MA's are integral to our QWickCare (QC)/Hospital and are responsible for assisting The Nurse Practitioners (NP) or Physicians with medical treatment of patients within a patient-centered philosophy. The MA assists with daily functions of the QWickCare
Essential Job Duties
- Greet patients in waiting area upon arrival, assure patient flow runs smoothly and efficiently, escort patients to discharge counter.
- Take vital signs and patient’s weight, report abnormal VS to provider.
- Answer QC phone calls, referring appropriate calls to the NPs.
- MA will refer all requests for medical advice to the NP as indicated. At no time will medical advice be provided by phone by the MA or anyone other than the NP.
- Documentation in EMR the following information: past medical history, social history, self- harm assessment, abuse assessment, travel history, surgery history, immunizations, and update medications.
- Prepare patient for exam
- Explain treatment procedures and prepare patient and exam room for examination.
- Administer injections, medications, eye and ear irrigations, dress/bandage wound and incisions, draw blood according to written order, and assist provider with any procedures.
- Ability to perform splint application and other ortho devices as directed by NP or Physicians and evaluate CMS, reporting abnormal findings to NP.
- Perform dosage calculations for administering medications.
- Maintain accurate documentation of procedures and tasks performed.
- Perform diagnostic tests including eye exams, electrocardiograph, oxygen equipment, pulse ox, and inhalation treatment equipment
- Restock examination rooms with adequate supplies.
- Cleans examination room after patient visit.
- Maintain HIPPA compliance.
- Remove sutures/staples and change sterile and nonsterile dressings as directed.
- Maintenance of equipment and making recommendations for medical equipment as needed to Supervisor
- Update ordering list and order supplies as indicated.
- Oversee inventory of medical supplies and equipmentConduct In-House back office procedure lab tests (Sofia (flu and Strep), Glucose, UHCG and UA dips.)
- Conduct quality control checks of machines and kits as directed
- Serve as liaison between Provider and other hospital departments as necessary
- Verify lab orders/ requisitions
- Clean and restock of patient rooms throughout the day
- Open tickets for Information Assistance
- Open and close the clinic Office as necessary
- Assist with administrative assignments as needed
- Perform call backs per NP discretion
- Ensure all patient and patient related telephone calls are documented in the medical record/EMR.
- Monitor medication expiration dates.
- Assist with the orientation of new personnel.
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Will Adhere to and follow all QC policies and procedures. Participation in QC policy and procedure development and revisions as requested.
Other (Non-essential) Duties
- Other duties as directed by NPs, Clinic Supervisors, or Clinic Administrators
- Medical Assistant the intent to become a Certified Medical Assistant, CCMA or Registered MA within 90 days of hire
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain accurate records with attention to detail
- Function in a team environment with courteous, compassionate and respectful treatment of patients and other team members
- Good organizational skills
- BLS, required.
- 6 months to 1 year of recent experience working in a Urgent Care or Providers office preferred
Physical Requirements/Working conditions
- Being able to work at fast pace, Multitasking, Lots of walking
- Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally.