Medical Assistant Supervisor
The Medical Assistant Supervisor in the WCH Clinic(s) is responsible for the day-to-day operations of Clinical Medical Assistant Support Staff. Plans and administers professional nursing care to clinic patients. Adheres to professional standards and regulatory requirements. Works with the Clinic Team to ensure efficient flow of patients in the clinic(s).
Essential Job Duties
- Oversees daily clinical support staff for the WCH Clinic(s).
- Primarily responsible for assigning staffing, schedules and workflow.
- Primarily responsible for oversight of time, attendance and payroll.
- Is the Supervisor and clinical resource for the clinical MA support staff of WCH Clinic and the Satellite Clinics.
- Works closely with clinic providers to deliver optimal patient care services and procedures.
- Leads staff to efficiently direct patient flow throughout the clinic.
- Works in close collaboration with the Front Office Supervisor and Clinic Resource Manager.
- In conjunction with designated Clinic FNP and Clinic Resource Manager, is responsible to ensure that the Clinic meets all regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Ensures that staff meet minimum competencies and operate within WCH policy and procedures.
- Is a role model for maintaining patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Ensures that all Pharmacy protocols are followed.
- Is involved in and makes recommendations for hiring and corrective action of Clinic Support Staff.
- May be needed to deescalate angry or complaining patients, to help calm them and to determine ways to resolve the issue.
Other (Non-Essential) Job Duties
- Audits clinical inventory and supplies; orders as needed.
- Is seen as a resource for use of electronic medical record.
- Facilitates huddles.
- Leads the VFC Program for the Clinic(s), assuring all VFC vaccines are in balance and reports to the State on a regular basis.
- RMA or CMA Certification.
- Two years previous experience in a supervisory role in a clinic setting.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates an ability to generate creative and innovative approaches to solve problems.
- Is proficient and comfortable in working with providers.
- Previous experience in a busy Clinic setting
- Previous supervisory experience
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; must be able to stand/walk for most of the workday; heavy lifting, must be able to lift packages up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment