Materials and Supply Chain Supervisor
The Materials and Supply Chain Manager is responsible for overseeing the physical and computer tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing and distribution of products, materials, parts, supplies and equipment. The Materials Management Supervisor will also be responsible for implementing a purchasing program utilizing our current GPO through LOC management and vendor negotiation.
Essential Job Duties
- Work with the inventory management team to ensure that all deliveries satisfy the assigned purchase orders and report any back-ordered or missing products.
- Work with departmental managers to ensure proper par levels are established for all products
- Manage LOC with GPO and optimize savings with vendors.
- Coordinate with departmental leads to ensure optimal par levels and price points are achieved.
- Implement standardization of products across cross functional departments.
- Automate electrical PM Management program.
- Ensure Freight charges are optimal and within contracted amounts.
- Assists with physical inventory counts.
- Use hand tools and other devices operated in a warehouse environment.
- Special projects as assigned by Manager.
- Rotate stock with attention to expiration dates.
- Associates Degree in Business or Procurement, or equivalent experience and training
- 2 or more years of experience in Materials Management in the medical/healthcare field
- Knowledge of medical supplies and inventory management
- Strong negotiating skills
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, MS Word and industry standard purchase order software platforms
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work well with a cross functional team
- Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment
Experience with Jumpstock preferred
Physical Requirements/Working conditions
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; must be able to stand/walk for up to 70% of the work day; must be able to lift packages up to 75 pounds. Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions.