Our Maintenance Technician will provide scheduled and unscheduled services such as installations and repairs of equipment, carpentry work, painting and other general maintenance.
Our ideal candidates must have strong communication and exceptional multitasking skills.
Essential Job Duties:
- Perform routine maintenance repairs and projects as needed
- Respond to maintenance requests as assigned
- Follow-through on projects with little supervision
- Perform manual tasks and carry out all given job-related instructions
- Keep detailed reports of ongoing and completed projects
- Participate in conducting regularly-scheduled fire drills
- Assisting with event setups, such as arranging tables and chairs for various events
- Participate in the after-hours maintenance on call program (provides additional compensation)
- Basic computer skills
- Perform other duties as requested
Other Non-Essential Duties:
- Light grounds maintenance
- Keep fleet vehicles clean and serviced
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- One-year experience in facilities maintenance
- Valid driver’s license with clean MVR
- Prior experience in plumbing, electrical work, and HVAC.
- Prior experience in a healthcare setting preferred, but not required.
- Able to make repairs inside and outside of building, basic carpentry, basic plumbing, replace light bulbs, filters, etc.
- Able to use basic maintenance hand tools such as hammer, pliers, screwdriver, and light power tools such as drill, power saws, grinder, etc.
- Able to assist with maintaining our buildings - painting, replace light bulbs, disassemble, and assemble items.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; must be able to stand/walk for most of the work day; heavy lifting, must be able to lift packages up to 60 pounds
- Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions
- Ability to work in confined spaces such as attic areas