LPN - Urgent Care
This position is responsible for the accurate and timely administration of medications and treatments. Documents treatment and emergency calls as indicated. Works under the direction of the Providers.
Essential Job Duties
· Greet patients in waiting area upon arrival, assure patient flow runs smoothly and efficiently, escort patients to discharge counter.
· Take vital signs and patient’s weight, report abnormal VS to provider.
· Answer QC phone calls, referring appropriate calls to the Provider.
· Refer all requests for medical advice to the Provider as indicated. At no time will medical advice be provided by anyone other than the Provider.
· Document the EMR: past medical history, social history, self- harm assessment, abuse assessment, travel history, surgery history, immunizations, and update medications.
· Prepare patient for exam. Explain treatment procedures.
· Administer injections, medications, eye and ear irrigations, dress/bandage wound and incisions, draw blood according to written order, and assist provider with any procedures.
· Starts and monitors IVs under the supervision of the Provider.
· Ability to perform splint application and other ortho devices as directed by the Provider and evaluate CMS, reporting abnormal findings to Provider.
· Perform dosage calculations for administering medications under the supervision of the Provider.
· Maintain accurate documentation of procedures and tasks performed.
· Perform diagnostic tests including eye exams, electrocardiograph, oxygen equipment, pulse ox, and inhalation treatment equipment.
· Restock examination rooms with adequate supplies, clean examination rooms after patient visit.
· Maintain HIPPA compliance.
· Remove sutures/staples and change sterile and nonsterile dressings as directed.
· Maintenance of equipment and make recommendations to Supervisor for medical equipment as needed.
· Update ordering list and order supplies. Oversee inventory of medical supplies and equipment. Monitor medication expiration dates.
· Conduct In-House back office procedure lab tests (Sofia (flu and Strep), Glucose, UHCG and UA dips.)
· Conduct quality control checks of machines and kits as directed
· Serve as liaison between Provider and other hospital departments as necessary.
· Verify lab orders/ requisitions.
· Open tickets for Information Assistance
· Open and close the clinic Office as necessary.
· Assist with administrative assignments as needed.
· Perform call backs as directed by the Provider. Document all patient and patient related telephone calls.
· Will adhere to and follow all QC policies and procedures. Participation in QC policy and procedure development and revisions as requested.
- Other (Non-essential) Duties
· Assist with the orientation of new personnel.
· Attend staff meetings as scheduled.
· Other duties as assigned.
· LPN currently licensed in the State of Arizona, in good standing.
· Minimum one year of experience as a LPN
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and compassionately, verbally and in writing.
· Attention to detail.
· Functions well in a team environment, consistently demonstrating courtesy and respect.
· BLS required
· 6 months to 1 year of recent experience working in Urgent Care or Providers’ office preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working conditions
· Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; must be able to stand/walk for most of the workday; heavy lifting, must be able to lift packages up to 75 pounds.
· Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions.
· Ability to work in a fast-pace environment