Lead Surgery Clinic Nurse
The Lead Surgery Clinic Nurse serves as a liaison between the providers and patients. Provides assessment and care of the surgical patients in the clinic. Serves as the providers key support by adhering to professional standards and regulatory requirements. Educates patients and communicates with them regarding medications test, and procedures.
Essential Job Duties:
- Plans and administers professional nursing care to assigned patients in the clinic.
- Conducts patient assessments.
- Documents patient information in the electronic medical record, including history, medications, etc.
- Assists providers with office procedures and surgeries as needed
- Coordinates surgery scheduling
- Educates patients on pre-op instructions
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complies with legal regulations.
- Adheres to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state and local requirements.
- Analyzes lab reports.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Directs phone calls/messages to appropriate party.
- Gives phone advise under the guideline of a provider.
- Counsels patients by communicating their procedure and test results.
- Performs in-house tests and procedures.
- Processes medication refills per the provider instructions.
- Maintains supply inventory; placing orders and verifying receipts.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting, breakdowns, maintaining supplies and calling for repair.
- Communicates questions between the provider and patient.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities assigned by the supervisor.
- Provides mentoring and coaching to lower-level nursing colleagues.
- RN currently licensed in Arizona
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Two years previous RN experience in a Clinic, Med-Surg, or Surgery.
- Effective communication, teaching, clinical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with Surgeons and Surgical Patients
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Previous experience in a Surgery Clinic setting
- Previous supervisory experience
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; must be able to stand/walk for most of the work day; heavy lifting, must be able to lift packages up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment