Lead Clinical Laboratory Scientist - MLS MLT
LOCATION: WICKENBURG, AZ
Wickenburg Community Hospital is a beautiful and sophisticated rural-access hospital located in Wickenburg, Arizona. WCH is a 8-bed Emergency Department, 19-bed Acute department and many ancillary services. We also have 3 Primary Care Clinics. Here at WCH, we strive to maintain the highest standards of professionalism and care. Join us today and let us be part of your success story.
- Full Benefits
- PTO/Sick Leave
- Wellness Benefits
Wickenburg Community Hospital is a non-profit organization and qualifies for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
The CLS/MLT is responsible for the collection, processing and analysis of laboratory specimens and reporting of results in all areas of the clinical laboratory. Maintains laboratory records and quality control practices.
Essential Job Duties
- Specimen collection and processing, test performance, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results in accordance with lab policies and procedures
- Maintain records that demonstrate PT (Proficiency Tests) are performed in the same manner as patient specimens
- Adhere to lab QC (Quality Control) policies, document all QC activities, instrument and procedure calibrations and maintenance performed
- Follow lab’s established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the lab’s established acceptable levels of performance
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correct the problems or immediately notify supervisory personnel, the laboratory manager or laboratory director
- Document all corrective actions when test systems deviate from the lab’s established performance specifications
Other Job Duties
- Review and assist in maintaining inventory levels
- Provide training to medical laboratory and phlebotomy students
- Technologist/Scientist: Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology, Biology or Chemistry with MT/MLS/CLS certification by either ASCP, HEW or AMT; BS required for Lead position
- Two years of Supervisory Experience in lab leadership for department that you will be the lead, i.e., Chemistry Lead, Hematology/UA/ COAG Lead, or Micro/Blood Bank Lead.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking, sitting, talking, hearing, push/pull, kneel/crouch/crawl, reach with hands/arms; lift up to 10 lbs frequently and up to 100 pounds or more with assistance infrequently; close and color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus required; repetitive hand motions, grasping and fine dexterity required
- Work Environment: work near/with moving mechanical parts, toxic/caustic chemicals, extreme cold (non-weather, i.e. dry ice), and loud noise