Jr System Administrator
Under the direction of the IS Manager, the junior systems administrator works with the systems administrator to maintain, upgrade and support software, hardware, and networks, and quickly diagnose and resolve problems. The candidate easily communicates technical concerns and solutions to many different people with varying degrees of technical knowledge as well as works with individuals in all department to help solve their technical issues. The junior systems administrator is responsible for maintaining system infrastructure, including firewalls, testing computer equipment, backing up databases, installing and updating malware software, installing, and rebuilding existing servers as well as other processes.
- Perform server administration tasks including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, research event log warnings and errors, resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly.
- Monitor desktop health using management tools and respond to hardware issues as they arise.
- Maintain internal infrastructure requirements including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, security updates, support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments
- Perform routine/scheduled audits of the systems, including all backups.
- Diagnose and remediate security threats and malware on company systems.
- Printer management, including central deployment and driver maintenance, and toner replenishment program.
- Manage and maintain VOIP phone system and cloud fax system.
- Create and maintain documentation of all systems and procedures.
- Interact with the help desk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical support when needed
- Participation in after hours on-call rotation, including weekend on-call.
- Configure and manage O365, including staff training.
- Other duties/projects as assigned by the IS Manager
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in IT related field.
- Demonstrated experience supporting desktop applications, network environment, server management.
- Knowledge of desktop operating systems, server operating systems, active directory, MS Office applications, anti virus software, PC components, data backup and recovery.
- Basic network cabling and infrastructure, including firewalls, routers and switches.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS in computer related field or equivalent certification (MCSE, Cisco, A+)
- Healthcare experience a plus