Interventional Radiology RN
Provides quality nursing care to the patients receiving Interventional, Radiology and Cardiology procedures at WCH. Under the direct and indirect supervision of the qualified medical provider the IR nurse assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and documents patient clinical needs and responses to diagnostic, interventional, cardiovascular, and therapeutic procedures. Monitors patients requiring moderate sedation within the department.
Essential Job duties
- Provides direct patient care by assessing and monitoring the patient’s condition and initiating appropriate nursing intervention, utilizing nursing procedures when required.
- Administers medication and contrast media as needed according to departmental procedures.
- Intervenes when a patient develops problems and in emergency situations provides appropriate resuscitative measures.
- Assists radiologists, cardiologist and technologists with invasive procedures.
- Assists throughout the department with establishing venous access, IV problems, monitoring of critical patients, moderate sedation, and other nursing procedures.
- Identifies patient education needs and ensures that all patients and families are provided with the knowledge necessary for safe and successful discharge.
- Verbally instructs patient and family regarding examination, treatment, and outcome.
- Documents education according to department and hospital protocol.
- Documents in EMR, pre- and post-care, intra-procedural monitoring, and medication, labs, or other patient care information when appropriate.
- Assists, when needed, with explaining procedure to patient and obtaining signature on Informed Consent Form for interventional procedures.
- Obtains patient history pertaining to the procedure. Records information as appropriate.
- Maintains emergency equipment in Imaging Department.
- Registered nurse licensed in the State of Arizona.
- Current CPR certification.
- Previous experience in IR, ICU, ED
- ACLS certification
- Certified Radiology Nurse