Wickenburg Community Hospital is a non-profit Critical Access Hospital. Established in 1926 and like the tenacious Western spirit that built Wickenburg, our Community Hospital and Clinics are committed to quality health and wellness services where the patient, family and community come first. We are committed to being the world-class health and wellness leader for all communities we serve.
The Infusion Nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care to the ambulatory patients presenting to the Boyd Infusion Center of the Wickenburg Community Hospital (WCH) or to the Inpatient Unit of WCH for the prescribed infusion services. Those services may include blood transfusions, antibiotic infusions, electrolyte replacement infusions, treatment for various medical conditions requiring infusions, and injections.
Skills / Requirements
Essential Job Duties:
- Administers medications
- Accesses PICC lines and ports for lab draws and/or infusions.
- Maintains accurate documentation of medication administered and care rendered.
- Collaborates with pharmacy staff to develop and monitor goals of patients' therapies
- Collaborates with scheduling around insurance authorizations
- Assesses all patients and establishes and implements a plan of care
- Educates patients and caregivers
- Evaluates progress towards goals and makes recommendations to physicians for changes in the plan of care based on patient's needs
- Communicates with the patient's primary care provider
- Schedules patients for the needed services
- Accurately charges for procedures, medications and supplies
- Informs physician of any changes in patient's condition
- Maintains the self-respect, personal dignity, and physical safety of each resident
- Assures continuity of services and care
- Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities assigned by supervisor
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; bachelor's degree preferred
- RN currently licensed by the State of Arizona
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience as a registered nurse
- Previous Infusion experience
- BLS and ACLS certification
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective verbal and written skills
- Ability to work effectively with other members of the healthcare team
- Knowledge of computer electronic charting systems and other electronic means of communication.
- Certification as Certified Registered Nurse Infusionist preferred
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; must be able to stand/walk for up to 70% of the work day. Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally. May be exposed to communicable diseases including the HIV and HBV viruses. Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions.
Hours will be Monday through Thursday 4:30pm to 9:00pm and Friday 7:30am to 3:30pm, must be willing to work occasional Saturdays
Wickenburg Community Hospital is proud to be a 100% tobacco free campus!
Job Status: Full Time