Housekeeping - Hospital Cleaner
WCH is looking for several PRN (as-needed) housekeepers who are available for full-time schedules.
Job duties include practicing infection control procedures, removal of PIMW and mainstream trash, odor control, ordering, collecting and distributing linen, carpet and upholstery upkeep, floor care and other cleaning duties.
- Cleans and sanitizes all areas of the facility such as offices, halls, common areas, and patient rooms
- Removes trash and soiled linens from the building to designation holding areas
- Responds to requests for services throughout the organization
- Must comply with safety and health procedures such as using standard precautions
- Adhere to potential infections medical waist (PIMW) containment, handling, & storage procedures
- Follow blood borne pathogen procedures without exception, wearing protective clothing as part of daily routine
- Completes housekeeping records according to established standards
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to operate floor care equipment such as vacuum cleaners
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math to daily duties
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to communicate effectively in order to provide appropriate responses, assistance and explanations to supervisors, coworkers, and customers
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to work on his/her own with minimal supervision
WCH is proud to be a 100% tobacco free campus!
Job Status: Full Time