Hospital Admitting Rep - Part time
The Hospital Admitting Rep is responsible for greeting incoming patients and visitors, performing all registration duties including entering pertinent patient information, verifying insurance eligibility, collecting payment for services, and explaining various registration forms for all hospital inpatient, outpatient, emergency department, and surgery patients. Provides exceptional care and service to patients, guests and fellow employees at all times.
Essential Job Duties:
- Greet patients and visitors in a friendly and professional manner, ascertain purpose of visit and direct to the appropriate staff or department
- Process patient registrations in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Enter and verify accuracy of all patient demographic and insurance/billing information at time of check-in
- Obtain copy of patient identification, insurance cards and physician orders and scan into patients account
- Verify insurance eligibility prior to services rendered
- Explain and obtain signatures on all required registration forms, including
- Patient Rights, Consent to Treat, Conditions of Admission, and Release of Information.
- Collect and receipt payments due at time of registration for scheduled outpatient appointments and surgeries as noted on the pre-admit paperwork from schedulers.
- Collect and receipt co- payments, deposits and/or payment arrangements for
- Emergency Department visits after patient has been triaged.
- Assign inpatients to a room
- Enter admit, discharge and transfer times as per physician orders in patients accounts
- Create wristbands, labels and print outs of necessary documentation to provide to other departments as per each department needs.
- Answer phones and route calls to appropriate staff/department in a professional manner
- Adhere to HIPAA privacy regulations at all times
- Communicate effectively with all co-workers in a courteous and professional manner
- Attend organizational and department meetings when indicated
- Participate in team discussions and planning
- Follow all hospital policies and procedures
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Hospital Registration Supervisor or Patient Access Manager
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Computer literate with basic knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Excellent communication skills and customer service skills
- Strong organization skills and ability to multitask
- Minimum of 1-year recent experience with insurance eligibility
- Previous medical office experience preferred
- Knowledge of third party payers preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time. Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions. Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally.