Director of Human Resources
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for the effective daily management and leadership of all HR functions, to include, but not limited to: Recruitment, Employee Relations, Compensation, Benefits, Worker’s Compensation, HR/Legal Compliance, Learner Management System, HR Record Keeping, HR Policy Development and Performance Management. The Director of HR is a key member of the Sr. Leadership team aligning HR policies, programs, and policies with the organization’s strategic initiatives. This position works closely with operational management to assess the needs of the organization and identify ways to efficiently manage the business and support continued growth through optimization of the Hospitals human resources.
Essential Job Duties
- Translates progressive HR Generalist experience to oversight for all HR generalist functions being performed within the WCH HR office.
- Establishes and supervises the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to effectively recruit and hire.
- Formulates and recommends Human Resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with state and federal employment law. Works closely with assigned employment attorney firm, when appropriate.
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee engagement.
- Establishes the company wage and salary structure, pay policies, and oversees pay systems within the company. Monitors all pay practices and systems for effectiveness and cost containment.
- With the assistance of the CEO and CFO, obtains cost effective, employee benefits; monitors national benefits environment for options and cost savings; works closely with benefits broker.
- Ensures compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of Labor, the Industrial Commission, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and so forth.
- Facilitates Employee Engagement feedback process to include action planning for areas to sustain and/or improve.
- Develops and facilitates performance management process.
- Creates annual HR budget and provides appropriate variance documentation in support of needs.
- Functions in the role of Learner Management System (LMS) Administrator for all WCH developed and third-party assigned e-learning; maintains accuracy of employee educational transcripts.
- Is responsible to maintain all employee HR files accurately within the View Center electronic system. Knowledge should be up to the level of administrator for system, however, key administrator role may be delegated.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of current HRIS/time and attendance system.
- Develops and keeps all HR related policies, procedures, and practices current.
- Is key partner with WCH Compliance Officer for compliance investigations and assigned progressive disciplinary action when warranted.
- Develops and maintains Employee Handbook, monitors compliance toward employees’ annual acknowledgement of information.
- Is technologically competent to be seen as a key resource and trainer for various HR Information Systems.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES
- Participates in interviews of management and executive candidates.
- Is a member of key organizational committees, may Chair or Co-Chair several committees.
- Monitors the organization's culture so that it supports the attainment of the organization’s Mission, Vision, Values, and strategic priorities; suggest strategies to maintain and/or improve culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related field required.
- 5 years of current, progressive HR experience.
- HR National Certification, (Professional in HR (PHR) or Senior Professional in HR (SPHR), SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP).
- Previous healthcare experience.
- Demonstrated ability to exceed as a strong HR Generalist.
- Must be an influencer, able to cultivate relationships, build trust and provide timely execution and top-quality services.
- Must be self-confident, objective, and able to grasp and contribute to complex business discussions.
- Possesses strength of character to challenge, impact, and advocate for business decisions, tempered with sensitivity and ability to compromise as appropriate.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - combined with unquestionable professional and personal integrity.
- Must also possess creativity, curiosity, openness to new ideas.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related field
- Previous experience as a member of a Sr. Leadership/Executive team to include interaction with the Board of Directors
Physical requirements/working conditions
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.