Director of Emergency Care Services
The Director of Emergency Care Services is responsible for the daily operations of the Emergency Department, QWickCare Urgent Care, and House Supervisors ensuring safe patient care is provided in a timely manner and ensuring all standards of care are met. This position is also responsible for oversight of the Base Hospital Program and the Level IV Trauma Program.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for oversight of staff schedules for the ED, QWickCare Urgent Care, and House Supervisors.
- Responsible for selection, orientation, on-boarding, retention, performance evaluation, termination of department employees.
- Demonstrates leadership through setting and communicating expectations, coaching, performance evaluations, corrective actions, and development opportunities to create a culture of caring and learning.
- Serves as oversight for the Trauma Nurse Coordinator lead.
- Evaluates, collaborates with, and provides feedback to EMS on patients transported to the ED.
- Provides oversight and management of the base hospital program ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate’s trauma care management including planning and implementing clinical protocols/practice management guidelines monitoring care of trauma patients and serving as a resource for clinical practice.
- Assists staff in problem-solving relating to the care of trauma patients.
- Participates in appropriate committees relating to trauma care and performance improvement, including attending Trauma Program Manager and AZ Trauma Association meetings . Actively participates in the Level IV Trauma Program Managers Group representing WCH.
- Responds to all trauma team activations when in-house and as requested at other times.
- Reviews all trauma/transfer records and reports data to appropriate agencies.
- Reviews/updates policies and procedures annually at minimum for ED, QWickCare and House Supervision.
- Supports active participation in regional EMS programs.
- Promotes and participates in promotional activities for the services of the Wickenburg Community Hospital ED, QWickCare and House Supervision.
- Optimizes patient throughput.
- Develops leadership skills among staff including communication, decision-making problem-solving/critical thinking, and employee engagement.
- Leads the development of staff and supports career advancement opportunities. Functions as a role model and encourages staff to participate in their own development.
- Facilitates departmental meetings for ED, QWiCKCare and House Supervisors.
- Monitor’s patient care for quality, safety, and effectiveness of care. Reviews and responds to safety, quality of care, and patient experience occurrences timely.
- Develops and implements process improvement initiatives through the evaluation of KPIs for departments.
- Assists in the development of the operational and capital budget, provides daily operational resource management including staff, supplies, and equipment, and ensures optimal productivity for the ED and QWickCare departments and House Supervisor role.
- Promotes and facilitates Patient Experience initiatives for departments, QWickcare, and WCH.
- Collaborates with physicians and advanced practice practitioners to facilitate and promote exceptional care and customer service standards.
- Review’s customer satisfaction surveys develops and implements improvement plans based on customer feedback.
- Actively oversees reviews of ED and QWickCare clinical records for documentation and provides timely feedback to staff.
- Collaborates with House Supervisors daily to ensure accuracy of House Supervisor Report and accountability of House Supervision duties are met.
- Provides clinical support as needed and serves as resource to department staff.
- Effectively communicates with all members of the healthcare team. Acts as a change champion facilitating integration of concepts into daily practice.
- Establishes and promotes a collaborative relationship with physicians and other members of the healthcare team.
- Participates in committee and leadership meetings as appropriate
- BSN from an accredited school of nursing
- Current AZ RN license, unencumbered
- Current BLS, ACLS, PALS and TNCC required
- Minimum 5 years nursing experience in ED with at least 2 years in a managerial position
- Must demonstrate critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, effective communication skills and time management skills
- Must demonstrate ability to work effectively with other members of the healthcare team
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- CEN certification desirable
- Rural healthcare experience
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; must be able to stand/walk for up to 70% of the workday; must be able to lift , transfer, turn and position patients weighing up to 125 lbs. unassisted, or with the assistance of one for a resident weighing over 125 lbs. May be subjected to offensive odors and combative behavior. Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally. May be exposed to communicable diseases including the HIV and HBV viruses. Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions.