Dietary Kitchen Supervisor
Dietary Supervisor will oversee day-to-day dietary operations. The primary duties include planning, organizing, developing and supervising the Dietary Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our facility, and to ensure that quality meal services are provide on a daily basis and that the Dietary Department is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner.
Essential Job Duties
· In conjunction with CEO has basic knowledge of budget process and ability to apply policies and practices for providing input on a budget.
· Knowledge of applicable laws, rules, and regulations governing Food and Nutrition Services (FNS); ability to provide, prepare and serve inpatient meals.
· Knowledge of receiving, storage, preparation and maintenance of the food services area for hospital facility; ability to use these theories and techniques to provide sanitary, timely and satisfactory meals.
· The ability to oversee the preparation of meals for employees by way of the Vending Machine program.
· The ability to oversee the preparation of quality catered events for employees and guests as needed.
· Knowledge of care and maintenance of food and related equipment for delivering of meals, ability to distribute meals in a safe and timely manner consistent with prescribed diets
· Knowledge of proper care and maintenance of kitchen areas; ability to ensure sanitation, safety and compliance standards are met in accordance with facility policies and related legal requirements
· Ability to deal tactfully with employees, patients, family members, visitors, government agencies and community members.
· recommends new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing food services practice.
· Using independent judgement (but In consultation with the CEO and HR) exhibits supervisory authority to hire, transfer, suspend, promote, discharge, assign, reward, or discipline Dietary employees.
Other (Non-essential) Duties
· Attend daily leadership huddle.
· Attend monthly leadership meetings.
· Complete special projects as assigned by CEO.
· At least 2 years of experience in food services practices and procedures.
· One year experience in a supervisory role.
· Maintain Serve Safe credentials with Maricopa County.
· Demonstrated knowledge in cost control, food management, diet therapy, etc.
· Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
· HS diploma.
· Demonstrated experience working in a supervisory role in a healthcare setting.
Physical Requirements/Working conditions
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; must be able to stand/walk for most of the workday; heavy lifting, must be able to lift packages up to 50 pounds
Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions
Ability to work in a fast pace environment.