Desktop Support Technician
The Desktop Support Technician uses his/her technical knowledge and excellent customer relations skills to provide fast and efficient technical assistance to the user community. While assessing and prioritizing help desk tickets, the desktop support technician must have the skills necessary to research and resolve desktop issues to insure the efficient access of the facility staff to their computing resources and be able to clearly communicate solutions. The candidate will collaborate with the IS Team to identify, develop and employ technology tools to support our desktop environment.
Essential Job Duties:
- Respond to help desk queries via phone, email, in person or through remote access.
- Maintain the support desk issue tracking application and assure that all issues are responded to in a timely fashion and that communication with the user community is maintained
- Provide assistance to user community in resolving desktop, clinical and business application issues
- Configure, install and relocate desktop hardware as necessary – including computers, printers, VOIP phones, scanners.
- Install/configure desktop software applications.
- Assure spare technology equipment is available for deployment
- Resolve device connectivity issues
- Virus Identification and Removal
- Maintain and support audiovisual services.
- Participation in after hours on-call rotation, including weekend on-call.
- Other duties/projects as assigned by the IS Manager.
Education: High School Diploma. BS or Computer Technical Certification
- Working knowledge of desktop operating systems Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Familiarity with Server operating systems Windows Server, 2008, 2012, 2016, including basic active directory functionality.
- Experience supporting MS Office 365 applications
- Understanding PC components, networking and infrastructure.
- Works independently, researching and applying solutions to end user issues
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions
- Requires lifting and moving computer equipment, including printers, which can weigh 50+ lbs
- May require crawling under desks and behind server racks and climbing 6-8ft ladders
- Stairs are also present in the workplace. Frequent walking and standing
- Must possess a valid driver’s license to be able to support multiple locations