Desktop Support Technician
The Desktop Support Technician uses his/her technical knowledge and excellent customer relations skills to provide fast and efficient technical assistance to the user community. While assessing and prioritizing help desk tickets, the desktop support technician must have the skills necessary to research and resolve desktop issues to insure the efficient access of the facility staff to their computing resources and be able to clearly communicate solutions. The candidate will collaborate with the IS Team to identify, develop and employ technology tools to support our desktop environment.
Essential Job Duties:
- Serve as a contact for desktop support
- Maintain the support desk issue tracking application and assure that all issues are responded to in a timely fashion and that communication with the user community is maintained
- Troubleshoot Desktop Issues
- Virus Identification and Removal
- Resolve Desktop Application Problems
- Provide assistance to user community in resolving clinical and business application issues
- Configure, install and relocate desktop hardware as necessary
- Participate in assuring that spare desktop equipment is available for deployment
- Resolve device connectivity issues
- High School Diploma, BS or Computer Technical Certification preferred
- Familiarity with desktop operating systems – Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Experience supporting MS Office 365 applications
- Understanding PC components, networking and infrastructure.
- Works independently, researching and applying solutions to end user issues
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit and work at a computer for up to 90% of the work day.
- Must be able to utilize a phone with a headset or ear piece.
- Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions.