Clinical Informatics Analyst
The Clinical Informatics Analyst successfully integrates the use of the Electronic Medical Record into the clinical workflow. This role brings together an awareness of clinical practices, application expertise, and a familiarity with technology to develop best practices, train the staff in utilizing those practices, and augment the applications by developing electronic forms that streamline the capture and access to EMR data.
Essential Job Duties:
Clinical Informatics Analyst:
- Develop expertise in the clinical and ancillary software applications.
- Design and implement educational resources and support end-user training.
- Works with clinical staff to identify and document efficient workflow processes utilizing the EMR applications.
- Develop and maintain electronic forms, clinical flowcharts, physician templates and order sets for all clinical departments.
- Serve as a resource person for daily operational issues within the clinical software applications.
- Establishes strong working relationships with EMR vendor support personnel.
- Is a resource for identified super-users.
- Share knowledge of industry best practices and products; ability to keep up-to-date with new developments, technologies, and trends through seminars, workshops, professional affiliations, etc.
- Exercise a high degree of independent judgment and decision-making authority related to supported technologies.
- Manage multiple projects and priorities in a dynamic environment and adapt to change quickly and positively.
- Demonstrates ability to be self-directed, with excellent organizational and analytical skills.
Other Non-Essential Duties:
- Effective communication with internal and external customers which assists in facilitating positive outcomes.
- With a focus on the clinical environment, this role may also provide similar support services to the other departments of the organization.
- A degree which allowed practice in a clinical field (nursing, pharmacy, lab, respiratory, rehab etc.).
- Requires a proficiency level typically attained with 5 years clinical experience.
- Requires ability to perform complex statistical analysis and highly developed problem solving skills.
- Requires the ability to manage programs and projects.
- Requires demonstrated excellence in interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience with EMR applications
- Experience with software applications and tools
- Certification in clinical informatics, or project management.
- Previous Clinical Informatics experience
- Experience with regulatory/accreditation programs, data management, and analysis is highly desirable.
- Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, and squatting; must be able to stand/walk for portions of the day. Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions, Ability to work in a fast pace environment
Wickenburg Community Hospital is proud to be a 100% tobacco free campus!