Clinic Patient Access Supervisor
The Clinic Patient Access Supervisor is responsible for the day to day supervision of all Clinic Patient Access areas. Ensures exceptional care and service is provided by Patient Access Staff to patients, visitors and fellow employees at all times. Ensures staff are trained in all policies and processes of registration, scheduling, insurance verifications & authorizations to achieve consistent and quality outcomes. Performs all duties and responsibilities in such a way to demonstrate and support the organization’s mission and vision.
Essential Job Duties
- Ensures patients are scheduled and registered in a courteous, professional & timely manner.
- Ensures patients are provided with consistent and accurate information for all services provided.
- Provides exemplary customer service and handles service recovery for any patient issues and ensures patient complaints are handled in a timely and appropriate manner
- Maintains staff schedules for consistent coverage in all areas is obtained, overall time management is observed to avoid overtime
- Participates in on call schedule rotation for Patient Access Supervisors and Team Leads for after hours and weekend assistance or coverage
- Develops and maintains smooth and efficient workflows and processes across all Patient Access areas of the Clinic.
- Works closely with Hospital Patient Access Supervisor to ensure seamless treatment of clinic patients for diagnostic testing and procedure needs.
- Works collaboratively with the Clinic Back Office Supervisor to provide a team-oriented environment to ensure a smooth patient process for all clinic services
- Ensures quality checks are performed to verify staff is obtaining complete and accurate patient and insurance information for accurate and timely billing with a goal of 97% accuracy rate across all areas.
- Develops and maintains a thorough training program for new hires and cross training program across department.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of all registration. scheduling, pre-authorization requirements and regulations as well as basic knowledge of health insurance and billing procedures
- Ensures phones are answered professionally and efficiently and routed appropriately and detailed messages are distributed to clinical teams.
- Provides excellent ongoing communication to staff on organizational updates, regulatory and procedure changes.
- Conducts evaluations and provides coaching, counseling, and disciplinary action when applicable.
- Ensures HIPAA & EMTALA guidelines are being followed
- Conducts Monthly Department Meetings
- Attends organizational meetings when indicated.
- Participates in team discussions and planning
- Performs duties as assigned by the Patient Access Manager
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- 4+yrs patient access or healthcare revenue cycle experience required
- 1 year patient access supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge of third-party payer eligibility & benefits, referral & precertification/ authorization processes required
- CHAA or CHAM certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare related discipline
- Bilingual/Spanish speaking
Physical Requirements/Working conditions
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; must be able to stand/walk for most of the workday; heavy lifting, must be able to lift packages up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment