Clinic Nurse Supervisor
This position supervises, assesses plans, coordinates, facilitates, and evaluates patient care and staff development in a diverse healthcare environment. This position is a leader and resource within the department for daily operations and demonstrates and promotes alliance with organizational goals and department leadership.
Essential Job Duties
· Provides and/or facilitates patient centered nursing care and patient flow for defined patient population and serves as a resource to employees for clinical managerial support.
· Provides input into the short- and long-term goals of the WCH Clinics and supports structure and processes for improvement.
· Is aware of the research basis for policies and procedures, measuring tools, and recommendations guiding clinical practice. Is aware of, and applies, research-based finding to develop individualize plans of care based on patient needs and organizational policies, procedures, and protocols, aimed at achieving positive patient and family outcomes.
· Demonstrates general knowledge of pharmacology and medication administration.
· Contributes to the recruitment and retention of talented staff through positive role-modeling fostering peer relationships and participating in preceptor and/or mentor programs thereby creating an environment for quality practice. Provides education to family/patient throughout the continuum of care. Acts as a resource within the department.
· Plans, establishes, and revises work assignments and schedules.
· Participates in continuing education and quality improvement activities. Supports membership in professional activities. Practice and performance reflect knowledge of the relevant nurse practice acts, compliance, regulation, legislation, and certification and WCH systems and department policies.
· Interfaces with multidisciplinary team members to provide optimum care. Utilizes effective communication and interpersonal skills to enhance and encourage collaborative staff and community relationships. Communicates in a positive open and respectful manner. Promotes quality service within a compassionate environment by treating customers with dignity and respect.
· Administers performance evaluations in collaboration with the Practice Manager.
· Oversees supply ordering, receiving and maintenance.
· Assists with other department functions as assigned.
· Assists with ADP Time on payroll processing days.
· Demonstrated leadership ability, skills, and 1-2 years’ experience.
· Possess a current, valid Arizona RN license and be in good standing with the Arizona Board of Nursing.
· The ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
· Knowledge of basic computer skills.
· Effective communication skills.
· Ability to work with culturally diverse people.
· 3-4 years clinic leadership experience.
· Current BLS Card.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Nursing.
· ACLS, PALS, NRP or other certifications.
Physical Requirements/Working conditions
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; must be able to stand/walk for most of the workday; heavy lifting, must be able to lift packages up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment