Chief Information Officer
As a member of Senior Leadership, the Chief Information Officer is responsible for technical and organizational management of all Information Systems in the facility. Provides leadership,planning and management for all areas of information technology strategy, development and implementation. This includes software and hardware systems,user support and education, application and database development and analysis, telephony, and network infrastructure.
- Manages and Directs:
- Promotes the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Works collaboratively to develop and lead a technology strategy for the organization that supports strong business alignment, enhances quality metrics, increased profitability, and provide a sound, flexible foundation for the future.
- Plan, organize, direct, and coordinate the selection, implementation, and utilization of WCH’s computer, telephone, management information systems, imaging, audio/video, and office automation.
- In conjunction with IS Manager:
- Oversee department/organization-wide adherence to governmental regulations and industry standards that relate to information technology in business and health care.
- Plan and implement all acquisitions, upgrades, installations, and maintenance for computers, networks, telephone, audio/video, imaging, and office automation hardware and applications.
- Develop information systems mission, plans, goals, policies and budget.
- Develop and implement training programs in use of computer resources for management and staff at WCH.
- Ensure functionality of hardware and software on a day-to-day basis to support operations and provide mechanisms that include appropriate back-up systems in place to safeguard functionality.
- Serve as information Security Officer responsible for review and recommendation of security enhancements to clinical and administrative leadership.
- Monitor compliance with security and develop policies and procedures including technological protection systems, firewall management, internal investigations, contingency planning, data back-up, disaster recovery planning, information access control, internal audits, workstation security, applications and data analysis, hardware and software installation, virus protection, security testing, and incident reporting. Assumes lead on ensuring current electronic medical records system meets the needs of the organization.
- Develop key relationships with outside vendors.
- Perform security audits and risk assessments.
- When available, provides after hours support if critical issues threaten the essential functioning of the computer systems Participate in Strategic Planning process and serve as a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Over 7 years’ experience in health care information technology management
- Over five years technology leadership experience at a senior management level
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Business or related field
- Master’s degree in IT, Business or related field
- Previous lead role in EMR implementation and optimization