Cash Posting Specialist- PRN
The Cash Posting Specialist posts all payments received, balancing to deposit and remittance advice's. Responsible for balancing daily and monthly receipts to the General Ledger. Posts adjustments, ensuring appropriate account reconciliation and resolution. May support Revenue Cycle Team on Special Projects.
Essential Job Duties:
- Performs the duties of a Cash Poster to include maintaining and working unapplied cash and posting legacy cash, reviewing adjustments for accuracy, obtain approvals where appropriate,posting adjustments and maintaining weekly cash pacing.
- Responsible for managing various aspects of deposits, such as collecting daily deposits and taking deposit to the bank; confirming deposits; associate deposit batches and posting daily deposits in Intacct; matches bank deposits and post accordingly, locating EOB on websites, if not available.
- Works correspondence and unpostables; manages remittance.
- Supports the billing and collections staff as required.
- Completes required work in current EMR such as managing the EMR inbox, working non-EMR remits as well as managing daily balancing spreadsheet for EMR/Legacy and uploading EOB to EMR.
- Performs additional basic accounting functions to include monthly bank reconciliations; maintains AR control sheet, runs daily TOS reports for cash and credit cards and matches to deposits, applying prompt pay discounts where appropriate; posts employee payroll deductions.
- Accountable for reconciling/posting credit cards.
- Manages incoming mail and distributes appropriately
- Special projects for the CFO, Controller or Patient Accounts Manager
- Communicates with the Patient Accounts staff regarding improperly paid claims.
- High School Graduate
- Minimum 3-5 years of hospital or medical billing office experience required.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid understanding of how to read and interpret Payer EOBs
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service and phone etiquette skills
- Revenue Cycle experience
- Microsoft Office skills proficiency
- Time management skills
- Flexibility with daily tasks
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit for long periods.
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.